First Few Tracks, Music To Sell Cars

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

http://www.purevolume.com/musictosellcars/music

I'd love to hear comments on these three tracks. I don't know how to classify them apart from lo-fi, badly mixed bedroom music.

I don't really have a background in this.

Thanks.
Last edited by Robert W on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sorry, can't offer direct links at the moment.
None

This music is fantastic! I think both the production and the content is first class. I was especially taken by the magic of hibernateen. That is one helluva bass going on there - get out of its way! What host did you produce these with? Instruments?

Keep up the great sounding stuff!

fjell
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

Hi Fjell, thanks for the kind words.

I DI'd my own cheap squire jazz bass and Roland digital piano for those tracks, the drums are layered tracks made using the old Hammerhead app. I used Eve One and Nanotron for strings/mello along with a soundfont ("cadenza strings" viola I think). I'm using Kristal Audio Engine as a host as it does everything I need at the moment.

I'm soon to be a poor student yet again hence my love for only using freeware.
None

Man, I have to post again - making those great tunes with freeware only! That settles it...those who can make good music will make it using whatever they can get their hands on. The race for "gadgets" is an ultimately empty one. You prove it. Hats off to you, Robert! I hope you go on to create some more of these great tracks.

Take care,
fjell
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

Sorry fo' this, my first and only bump up.

I'd appreciate any more feedback from anyone!.

Thanks in advance,

RW.
None

no need to be sorry for a bump, tis needed sometimes

Dogs: nice balance, sounds very professional.

Farming: nice DNB drums in the background, the synth weaves in and out really nicely

Hibernateen: nice chords and progression. I wish i had your talent for making chorded melodies.

all of them are marvelous tracks, Hibernateen :love: :love: .

the only thing is that the drums need a higher bitrate then what youve got.

:love:

Cool, thanks for the comments.

I agree, the drums are very lo-fi. I am trying the GURU demo at the moment and looking for other alternatives for the acoustic drums.
None

Hi Robert!

I agree with fjell. Those songs R cool. Genre does't matter, I think. What matters is what goes through your mind when U close UR eyes 'n listen 2 them (if the movie in UR mind is still the same you pobably achieve UR goal). Were those songs ment 4 smth different rather than just listening 2 them? Is that 2 B background music? Why not try 2 get in contact with someone who needs a song like that 4 a real TV car commercial ...

... just thaughts.

bye

mudster

Hi thanks, no they were just my first attempts when I decided to give something new it a go.

Its just a name, I thought the name "Music To Sell Cars" was cool, but now I think it's a little too contrived.

To be honest though, my introduction to "whatevertronica" was indeed through the soundtracks to TV adverts and movie trailers as I don't listen to the radio, and my CD collection is rather alternative-rock/grunge-lead.

I would like to compose short soundtracks, or 1.00-long snippets though. Moving away from writing Verse Chorus Verse is more difficult than I imagined.
None

Music U make URself is a reflection of life U live at the moment (if UR honest of course). There will always B audience 4 that kinda music. Question then is just how 2 reach them.

Bytheway, I once (at least 6 years ago) made a cover of a kinda folk song for a radio show. It was used as an intro and background music. Today I would't want anyone 2 hear the song (I'm talkin about baaad home computer production), but it served its purpose. I don't think of myself I'm a musician but my humble opinion is my customer was satisfied. Of course I was on cloud9. at least 4 a while ... ; )

... today I'm 28 and I'm badly neglecting my guitar practice. UR songs sound pro comparing 2 what I had made back then.

Return to “Music Cafe”