This song is absolutely infectious and catchy.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't blame me if it gets stuck in your head.

Download or stream here (3mb): http://mind-pollution.net/Hosted/Robot_ ... Fiddle.mp3

Your opinions are welcome. This is something I put together out of boredom and lack of sleep to feed my urges. Done in FL using FL sounds , M-tron , and Battery 2. Sometimes I have to explore other styles to satisfy my creative urges... even weird ones like this... And this to me , is very weird...

Lyrics (done with speech synth):
I am the robot who stole the devil's fiddle
you are under my control
Dance Dance Dance until your programs old
twist and turn long as your process will hold
Dance Dance Dance until you need more oil
Jump Jump Jump turnaround and coil.
I am the robot who stole the devil's fiddle
watch me show my robot soul.
Last edited by daviencrow on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

No comments .. interesting..

I have had so many people tell me I should post it online now (that dont know I have) that I am very curious now as to what people here may say.

Egyptian sand dance ?

lol how you could possibly get egyptian sand dance from that is a wonder.

Listening to it now.
Its quirky and has a nice feel to it. I keep expecting that robot to say "all your bases are belong to us" :)
I would suggest (assuming you want to develop the song) that it needs a little more dynamics. The levels seem quite constant throughout.
I like it.
Cheers

because of the strings, i guess...the high strings are the best part in this as far as i'm concerned.

funny and catchy song, only thing i'd correct is that the "Dance Dance Dance" and "Jump Jump Jump" are out of time, they are a bit too late which appears a bit cheap.

but perhaps that's exactly what you wanted: adding a bit of mistake to the engineered machine ;)

Laraka wrote:Listening to it now.
Its quirky and has a nice feel to it. I keep expecting that robot to say "all your bases are belong to us" :)
I would suggest (assuming you want to develop the song) that it needs a little more dynamics. The levels seem quite constant throughout.
I like it.
Cheers
Not sure what I want to do with it , just thought I'd share it with everyone since its pretty catchy. If I do more work on it (this was made in literally like an hour or 2 , except for getting the robot vocals done with the speech synth) ill probably post it.

EDIT: I usually make more Industrial / Industrial Metal related music. This type of stuff , this type of music (just like black metal and thrash) I can improv so quick and easily as long as I get a beat going.

So really i just depends on if I decide to actually do something with it besides personal use or to share with friends and KVRians
Last edited by daviencrow on Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

declassified wrote:because of the strings, i guess...the high strings are the best part in this as far as i'm concerned.

funny and catchy song, only thing i'd correct is that the "Dance Dance Dance" and "Jump Jump Jump" are out of time, they are a bit too late which appears a bit cheap.

but perhaps that's exactly what you wanted: adding a bit of mistake to the engineered machine ;)
I guess I can see where you got it from if you consider the softer strings.

Yeah The Jump Jump Jump and Dance Dance Dance need to be corrected , it's just that FL's speech synth (that it leeches off the windows DLLs) is a little shotty with timing. Especially since the vocals are technically being sung at a different BPM than the song because of how the synth works.

If I actually take it off FL in tracks and put into Sonar 4 I can fix that and make the song VERY better in quality and add more dynamics and panning etc.. FL just doesnt have good mixing power.

I think it's a fun song

the dropouts in the vocals have already been covered

for my taste the strings were too thin-sounding -- maybe more-organic fiddle and strings with some texture would go well with the robot (?)
5 twelve

Image :-o

vurt wrote:Image :-o
that's one helluva costume change. what a pro!

Catchy like AIDS - you have to be f u c k e d up the arse to get it.

But seriously. The bassline is alright but the string lead is really annoying, both sound and melody, and way too loud in the mix. As for robot vocals, how old are you? The arrangement is very basic but I suppose its good enough for dance music. Mostly though, I don't find it the slightest bit catchy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:Catchy like AIDS - you have to be f u c k e d up the arse to get it.

But seriously. The bassline is alright but the string lead is really annoying, both sound and melody, and way too loud in the mix. As for robot vocals, how old are you? The arrangement is very basic but I suppose its good enough for dance music. Mostly though, I don't find it the slightest bit catchy.
lol you must not of read my posts. Don't you think it makes you look like a faggot to make a post without reading what the song actually is first ? Especially being somone who does remixes & music like yourself , wouldn't you want somone to read before replying ?

I think its pretty crystal clear the songs a joke/fun song. It also , as i mentioned already , was something i made in about 2 hours tops to pass the time one morning :lol:. Isn't for anything , no thought was put into it , no emotion , nothing.

However , to address some of your "concerns" caused by your neglect. The mix is too loud because I didnt mix it , just panned a few things here and there.

The Strings are my favorite part :P

If you don't find it catchy your bad-taste is different than our bad-taste.

The Lyrics were 100% improv , one "take" to the song , just used FL's speech synth to have the computer sing it for me.

But thanks though , I can't stress how much I hate the song myself. I've been complaining about it for 3 days now , wondering why people have been apraising it elsewhere.

But let me ask you , How old are you ? Posting without reading first shame shame :wink:

I'd rate it as one of the catchier things I've heard on KVR - so you're not so far off your own mark in my mind. However, I struggle to identify any of the less instinctual merits a song can evoke elsewhere in the material.

For a couple of hours (if I take you on your word) I'm impressed.

Return to “Music Cafe”