[live] sequel - Edit new live track added

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: Live 3 below.

Some times ago I posted the first live-track I'd done (post regular band stuff): http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88918

No I've taken one step further. It's far from what I would call a finished piece (and I need more pedals) but it's on the way I think. I'd love your comments, ideas etc. on expanding/improving this to something worth doing for an audience. My own thoughts goes in the direction of combining something like this with prepared, triggered loops, maybe some trumpet, all managed in XT etc. But other ideas are welcome as well.

This is what I did:

And my guitar. So sound sources (besides noise) is Space*Synth (top left) and guitar.

So - bear in mind that this is not supposed to be a piece of art, merely a study - and please comment...

LIVE 2
Last edited by respirator on Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

There's some awfully beautiful moments going on here, that whale like sound at 3.50 is really excellent. Yes; expand on the pedals (loopers/chorus/reverb/flanger) so you can spin out these scapes more. Feedback is a friend :)

Hope we get to jam one day 8)

I'd be careful though in not trying to overuse the space-synth as it can become 'predictable'

JAM!

Re: Space*Synth: Absolutely. I'll do a new track tomorrow without it (entirely or almost) - but with some more noise stuff instead. And trumpet?

New pedals on their way from Germany!

Agree with mark on the whale sounds. Nice.

Also think that the guitar stuff has more interest for me than the synth work here. Synth = a bit vanilla? Though perhaps you need that to counterpoint the more chaotic nature of the guitar sounds.

Maybe work some bass elements in? I tend to find a bit of bass gratifying in these kinds of performances.

But cool stuff. Definitely worth pursuing. :)

wow that openin resonatin sound is THROBBING GRISTLE all over again :o
awesome stuff indeed.love the feed back :love:

like mar i look forward to hitting some stuff together with you one day hopefully :D

my guitar piece sounds veeeery different...

the beginning is faintly remindful of summat vurt did, with some bits by fake over the top.

not particularly my kind of music, but interesting a as a piece of art, much like some of th pics of the dead and dying after the a bomb in hiroshima.

it got me thinking about music and stuff, take it as a complement. :)

Thanks for your comments! Vurt, Mystahr and Respirator. That would probably be interesting...

I've tried without the Space*Synth but thrown in some computer (GASP!) stuff instead. No prerecorded anything though. Everything live. Trumpet, guitar, pedals, mobile phone (NOT planned). The synth I'm not so sure about. Wanted to add some contrast. Probably should have kept to the bass part. And maybe the trumpet is too obvious?

Warning: Long and big (16:42/23.5Mb). My longest track yet!

LIVE 3

I'm beginning to get somewhere, I think, but boy does it take some planning.

I've you have the time and patience I'd love comments on this as well!

Listened to Live 2 - I like it, though the guitar gets a little loud in relation to the background sounds at times.

Downloading Live 3 right now... I'll be back.

Live 3 is much more developed... I really like the first few minutes and especially the minor-key closing section, which I wish had gone on for longer - really gorgeous melancholy in those harmonics (trumpet?). Tends to lose its way a little in the middle, but seeing as it's live, that's not as much of an issue. Sounds like you must have been quite busy for those 16 minutes!

Thanks Dystonia. It was quite a challenge for me, being used to editing for hours. But also liberating. I wasn't that busy, though I never played guitar and trumpet at the same time. Luckily I got a very ligth guitar, so moving around wasn't too constrained.

I could have gone on for twice as long easily, but I tend to do too much too quickly to avoid (imagined) boredome.

The chord-progression was planned - sort off. A simple, if prolonged, transition from B-major to -minor. Glad it worked.

Return to “Music Cafe”