journeyman - blaster78

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bit of a thing i've been messing with the last few days.
not sure it's done, or where to take it, but i quite like it so i thought i'd share.

any comments are welcome as always.

journeyman

cheers,

steve.

well thats a resounding silence :P

steve.

ooh.. I listened to this yesterday.. and loved it..

sorry forgot to reply though...

Ben

thanks ben.

Very Good stuff .. is it a guitar or is it a e-piano??

Cool clockwork effects also

ianweb123 wrote:Very Good stuff .. is it a guitar or is it a e-piano??

Cool clockwork effects also
thanks ian, its a bad guitar sample :hihi:

cheers,

steve.

I liked it a lot. Nice groove. If I were producing it, I might have tried some bass starting at about 0:45 or so. It may have detracted from the clean drum thing that comes later, so it would have just been an experiment.

nice track,cant say i find anything wrong with it myself,although i reckon its crying out for some female vocals.....
Tangent's tracks on myspace

"I wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness, but that doesn't work." - Author Unknown

I thought your post was about this guy.. http://www.ninjatune.net/ninja/release. ... urneyman#1
snareSpanker

it's a pop epic waiting to happen. I like pop epics. :D

I quite much like the arrangement and I tend to agree though with what clueless said.

A few things: The piano to my ears sounds quite dull and a bit unreal as it seems the length of each note or it's envelope a bit too short. Basically it sounds a bit off to me and after three minutes it gets doubled with a different sound which imo has a too wobbly tail.

Even though I like the drums I for one feel the snare should do some offhits in the breaks as the difference going back to full drums seems a bit too much, it does feel a bit too much in the front too and sounds I must confess a bit quantized. If you could try to get a bit more swing in those drums I think the energy of this would make a big difference.

I also would want to suggest trying to find a guitarist to play the guitar parts live.

I guess what this most cries out for is a more human/live feel. Not sure if vocals are needed really; though then again Remco would surely make a beauty of this and put a crown on top of it ;)

And in the end I may just as well be quite off, since I rarely work with real instrument sounds..... :shrug:

Now make this a pop epic 8)

I just meant...it has various elements which would make an absolutely storming pop song, but they've not been developed for that (obviously, because that;s not how steve approached the music) and they're not in the "right order".

Nice track Steve, nice beats and very soothing atmosphere. I can see what clueless means about pop, and not in any bad way :)

I think it could benefit from some vocals, not that I'm offering :hihi:

clueless wrote:I just meant...it has various elements which would make an absolutely storming pop song, but they've not been developed for that (obviously, because that;s not how steve approached the music) and they're not in the "right order".
can you let me know the right order.... i could do with a million seller :hihi:

cheers,

steve.

mystahr wrote:I quite much like the arrangement and I tend to agree though with what clueless said.

A few things: The piano to my ears sounds quite dull and a bit unreal as it seems the length of each note or it's envelope a bit too short. Basically it sounds a bit off to me and after three minutes it gets doubled with a different sound which imo has a too wobbly tail.

Even though I like the drums I for one feel the snare should do some offhits in the breaks as the difference going back to full drums seems a bit too much, it does feel a bit too much in the front too and sounds I must confess a bit quantized. If you could try to get a bit more swing in those drums I think the energy of this would make a big difference.

I also would want to suggest trying to find a guitarist to play the guitar parts live.

I guess what this most cries out for is a more human/live feel. Not sure if vocals are needed really; though then again Remco would surely make a beauty of this and put a crown on top of it ;)

And in the end I may just as well be quite off, since I rarely work with real instrument sounds..... :shrug:

Now make this a pop epic 8)
thanks mark, the piano is meant to sound old and well used but i think its probably gone a bit too far.

real guitar would be cool as the sample is shite, its from the old kontakt library.

the big drums are a mix of a break beat with me playing snare hits over the top so perhaps i shouldn't quantise them as much.

thanks for listening.

steve.

Return to “Music Cafe”