my first tune plz give feedback ,now the link is working :-)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi this is my first melodie, may be it's trance or ambiant, or just crap :oops: can U guys give me some feedback :?:

http://streamer.soundclick.com/speedY/0 ... e+btvb.mp3
Last edited by kjargaard2005 on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

come one people, give me some feedback :-)

well the link doesn't work

'this page cannot be displayed' I'm afraid, fella!

Will check back when it is fixed tho.

:wink:

Works now.

the link is fixed, and working :-)

the beginning is nice... and the pulsating beat is cool... I don't like 4 on the floor's though... but that doesn't mean yours is bad for people who do.... the hihat could have been a different sample... it's a bit boring... maybe use a real hihat with several velocity layers...

and the dupbidupbidub melody which is going on doesn't please my ears too much.. but again this maybe due to me not liking this style of music...

but apart from that it's quite nice..... maybe one more thing.. maybe congruent melodies for the strings and the piano so that they don't play the same all the time

oh and at 4:12 when all comes back in again... you could try a reverse pad to introduce it all back in again... so that it kinda builts up

All I can say is it is definately better than my first effort!

:wink:

thank thats feedback I can use, do anybody know how to make it sound more prof. like from a radio or a cd, I feel that the sound is way out to the left and right, to much reverb maybe, but when I remove the reverb it sound like a cheap casio keyboard, I need to get a tight sound, that still got some air "reverb".

well usually people want to wide the stereo perception... but you can narrow it down, too of course..... maybe use Moneo for that (look in my sig)

but I would suggest that you start by narrowing down the stereoness of the reverb used.... well you'd have to use reverb as an insert then (I guess not sure about that)

you could also try stuff like chorus for fattening up synth or even a guitar amp simulation... get some dirt in there

Hi kjargaard,

The intro is nice. Sounds are OK, but they could be better. Even some EQing should help. Could use some more variation over the long run. Cool for a start. :)
About the reverb thingy: Try using some delays in combination with less reverb.

All the best, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

Good first effort, it sounds like you completed the arrangement you were after, there's always a hundred different variations and tweaks you could have performed but just move forward and enjoy learning and arranging!!

Return to “Music Cafe”