"Z25"- late 60`s CM style atonal noise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Generated in the Yamaha CS6R synth module.

High freqs in this...watch your ears!

http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... _-_Z25.mp3
15:09mins
13.87mb
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

This is nice!

Very organic sounds*. Interesting (I take it that the CS6R is a digital unit?). Almost like an accordion? Very laid back. Beautiful. I like restraint in music more and more. Perhaps because I struggle to achieve it myself? This is a very good example of succesful restraint, IMO.

But "atonal noise"?! And what is "late 60's CM"? Computer Music?

Thomas

*It sounds very digital - but in an organic way?!

Really like 4/5's of this piece very cool sounds that you generated. When the drum track came in I felt it was a different tune. Not sure if that fits. maybe if the tempo for the drums was slow way down it would not be so jarring, but that may be what you were striving for. If thats the case then you succeded in waking me up. :wink: Still I really love the work you have done here. 8)

Thanx for listening dystonia_ek.
----------------------------
Very organic sounds*. Interesting (I take it that the CS6R is a digital unit?). Almost like an accordion? Very laid back. Beautiful. I like restraint in music more and more. Perhaps because I struggle to achieve it myself? This is a very good example of succesful restraint, IMO.

But "atonal noise"?! And what is "late 60's CM"? Computer Music?
Hey respirator.
Yeah,the CS6R is a digital synth...a real nice complicated one.Although it hasn`t gotten alot of attention in the synth world.It has a separate pc sofware editor that I like and is one of the devices in the device list in cubase...so it meshes in well with the pc.
Yes CM is computer music,or CSound.Late `60`s early `70`s,there was alot of CM experimentation,and some things sounded like what i did here.
About restraint...yes,I do seem to use effects in a suble way,although I use alot of them at once most of the time.
...and thanx so much for your kind words respirator.
---------------------------------------
but that may be what you were striving for. If thats the case then you succeded in waking me up.
Haha...hey soniccat/Bruce.
Believe it or not that drum part at the end was put there to scare ya.hehehe...I was feeing sadistic at that time.I figured not many ppl would get that far along in this,and who did would turn the vol up somewhat to compensate for it being quiet...and KOPOW!!hahaha
It still jars me off my seat even though I know when it`s coming in.
The piece was not a serious effort.I thought the sounds were interesting enough for a post.It was just me screwing with the synth in real time/one trk.
The drum part I did a bit earlier and stuck a short bit in there for effect..haha
There`s a high pitched shrill in there thats really anoying and seems pretty loud to me...about 17-18khz...have no clue where it came from..but ill have to find out whats up woth that.

Thanx for stopping by and replying Bruce and for your kind words man!
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”