ivilion - III part II - noise drone ambience

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ivilion - preview from forthcoming fourth album -

III, Part II

http://ivilion.com/audio/Ivilion_III_PartII.mp3

close to 18 minutes of dense ambient noise, signal chain:

track 1: Les Paul -> Metasonix TX-1 Agonizer -> Metasonix TX-2 Butt Probe -> Electro Harmonix Double Muff -> Boss Giga Delay (set up in a feedback loop on its stereo channel) -> Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb

track 2: Yamaha CS-15 -> Metasonix TX-1 Agonizer -> Metasonix TX-2 Butt Probe -> Sherman Filterbank 1 -> Boss Giga Delay (set up in a feedback loop on its stereo channel) -> Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb

enjoy ;)

Uncompromising and carthatic.

18 minutes is challenging but worth it.

And the track is faultless.

I didn't know you could use buttprobes as effects. Who did you steal it from, area 51 or andy dick?

thanks respirator :D

f**king fantastic..

:shock:

Just had a chance to listen, Mike. Really excellent stuff. Is the butt probe what starts out sounding like a severe mains hum? Like this one a lot. Happy to see you're taking full advantage of your time off.

So Ivilion will be your noisier stuff, now? I must make a mental note.

Cheers,
Steve

this is clearing my head . thanks michael .. big thanks ..

edit..after 10 mins.. i'm ***king loving this .. i am wondering what your neighbours think if they here this being produced though :D

fair play to ya!

hey guys (and claire :D )

Shamann - the severe mains hum is the buttprobe in a bit of a fight with the agonizer.... though I'm not 100% sure :D

claire - thanks for listening - as far as I know the neighbors were out drinking last night, so it was just me, the equipment, and a pretty major buzz off of a half pitcher of sangria :hihi:

thanks for listening everyone :D

as for Ivilion being the noisier stuff, nah, the noise gets spread from project to project.

The next Ivilion album is going to be a three "part" affair, with several ideas presented, to create the atmosphere. It's not entirely a departure from the earlier melodic material, its just a journey between different ideas.

/michael

Good stuff. I like the way the guitar noise comes in without warning several times. Keeps you alert...
Rakkervoksen

The man who's tools I lust for :drool:

The tunes that make me hunger

for noise 8)

metasonix & EH - heavenly match

10.50 mins :love:

Don't know why you called this 'ambient' really... sounds like classic power electronics to me... this is, hands down, my favourite Endmusik track ever. Absolutely gorgeous, and very powerful at high volumes.

well, ambient to me is a state of mind, so yes this would more than likely be better stated as PE, but it was more trance inducing for me working on it :D

catharsis at play!

thanks for the great comments :D glad people are enjoying it!

Return to “Music Cafe”