In the center of the circle of blood

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess I have been listening to too much Sickle these days, because this just came out of nowhere, when I was trying to do something else entirely. It probably goes on too long, but as it was assembled on the fly, it will just have to stand as is.

Thanks to the auditorium for providing bandwidth to those of us too lazy or busy or whatever to construct our own site.

In the center of the circle of blood

Hello? Mom?

Sickle is your mom? Or am I confused. Will listen now.

Enjoyable, but not quite evil enough (which I guess was the intention). Good ideas throughout. Something about the production, esp. the voice, could be different. How? Don't quite know...

Thanx for sharing!

respirator wrote:Enjoyable, but not quite evil enough (which I guess was the intention). Good ideas throughout. Something about the production, esp. the voice, could be different. How? Don't quite know...
Actually my intention was to do something else entirely, but I imported the wrong .wav into a project and just pursued it in that its-friday-night-too-tired-to-do-any-normal-work sort of way.

Thanks for the listen!

some parts of this work well ...

i don't particularly care for the main synth patch , and find the track much more interesting as it fades away ...
the same concept might come off completely different w/ the use of another sound . in the same place ...
a matter of taste , i suppose ...

the drumming has a tribal feel that supports the vocal work nicely ...

normal wrote:some parts of this work well ...

i don't particularly care for the main synth patch , and find the track much more interesting as it fades away ...
the same concept might come off completely different w/ the use of another sound . in the same place ...
a matter of taste , i suppose ...

the drumming has a tribal feel that supports the vocal work nicely ...
Hey!

Thanks for the listen!

But I should say (just for the hell of it, mind) that there were absolutely no synths used on this.

The whole thing was constructed out of: one 3 second portion of a recording of a guitar feeding back; three separate snippets of my singing various pop songs, and 1 drum loop.

The damage was mostly done with multiple instances of Elogoxa's Elottronix XL and various other delays.

Plus that famous native Tracktion timestretch. :hihi:

Thanks again for listening, I don't play with this stuff nearly as much as I should.

What's the track length on this? I downloaded & burned a handful of tracks before I left for work this morning and stupid f**king iTunes didn't include the track names, so I have no idea which one is yours..

:bang:

6:19 is the track time

I await your merciful cruelty, malificent one.

I have 6:01, 6:21, and 6:07..

:dog:

They all kinda stink, so I guess it don't matter much..

:hihi:

is there a voice starting at 1:00?

Sicklecell666 wrote:is there a voice starting at 1:00?
Yes.

aha! I dig that organ-ish chord thing whatever it is..Cool motion in the track as well accept for a few instances where it seems too much is panned right at the same time, but I dig it anyways.

This would sound very different with some heavy handed multi-band compression..hmm..

:D

low-pass the chords and a bit more lofi reverb on everything, and you've got yourself a score fit for Dario Argento's next artsy bloodbath. doesn't emulate sickle's stochastictibetandeathchantvacuum, though. it's got it's own vibe. nice work.

Sicklecell666 wrote:aha! I dig that organ-ish chord thing whatever it is..Cool motion in the track as well accept for a few instances where it seems too much is panned right at the same time, but I dig it anyways.

This would sound very different with some heavy handed multi-band compression..hmm..

:D
Thanks Sickle.

I am afraid that when I first got into DAW musicmaking about a year ago, I was (and mostly still am) approaching it from the dual standpoint of doing audio tracking and mixing, and realizing my 'traditional' compositions via midi.

Consequently, I miss out on most of the fun and experimentation that all this technology makes possible. But sometimes I make a mistake and say: 'hey that's cool' and something like this happens. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to control this stuff once it gets going. But then, thats where the fun comes from.

Thanks for the listen!

Return to “Music Cafe”