In the center of the circle of blood

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tis good, you should make more mistakes.

This quite a lot of fun. Has a mid-80s industrial vibe going on, like pre-macho strongman disco but post-nihilistic hermaphrodite noise. A bit Cabaret Voltaire, maybe.

Really enjoyed, and the synthetic chord sounds were fun to me (I know it's a guitar, just the alterations/transpositions result in a synthetic sound).

The mix could use some revision, the autopanning wasn't bad but wasn't essential, and there's a sort of hollow sound that could be EQ'ed better, roughly in the frequency range just below your vocals. I'd also consider a bit of lowpass filtering on the drums, not a lot, but just enough to round the edges, add a bit of resonance. I like the vocals in the latter half. And that's a really long fade out. I like long fades, but you could have gone for 5:40 and the effect would still be roughly the same.

I really like your take on this material, look forward to hearing more like it.

Cheers,
Steve

shamann wrote: I really like your take on this material, look forward to hearing more like it.

Cheers,
Steve
Gee thanks shamann.

I am trying to broaden my horizons without neglecting my other stuff. It is all too easy for someone in my situation to forget why music drew me to it in the first place: It's about the excitement of discovery.

Thanks for listening!

Now I really do have to get to work.

Good day all!

bobbyblank wrote:low-pass the chords and a bit more lofi reverb on everything, and you've got yourself a score fit for Dario Argento's next artsy bloodbath. doesn't emulate sickle's stochastictibetandeathchantvacuum, though. it's got it's own vibe. nice work.
Thanks!

I will revisit this material if I ever get the time.

hmmm..... artsy bloodbath....

cool. sounds like a futuristic seance. it might be cool to get some demon voices going on, heh. or people dying. or just strange random sounds to bring out this dark environment. i started skipping forward a bit at 4:00, but i realized that's where it started to fade out. so i guess you picked the right place to start to fade.

the only thing i thought about production-wise was, maybe cut the treble a bit.

Return to “Music Cafe”