ToTc's New Remix is Finally Finished!!!!!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well kiddies, it's been a year at least that i've been working on this due to side projects and pro-sounds.....but i recently recieved a kick in the ass to finish when the band told me if i finished it in time that they wanted it on their new CD!

So, here it is, all mastered and mp3'ed.

Please give it a listen and let me know your opinions....the original track was called lullabye, you can hear it over at www.30sos.com

Stream/Download: HERE
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

ToTc,

Veeerrry nice! What comes through to me in this mix/master is not simply a good job of balancing elements, but really the next step of putting each sound and character in its own audio space. There is a palpable cinematic quality to things, I simply wish I had a full-spectrum, non-encoded version to listen to!

I don't know if I missed it, but if you have a link to either your own personal music, or an archive of the mixes you've done, I'd be interested in giving a listen.

Well done,
Envoy
the dreamer that remains . . .

envoy wrote:ToTc,

Veeerrry nice! What comes through to me in this mix/master is not simply a good job of balancing elements, but really the next step of putting each sound and character in its own audio space. There is a palpable cinematic quality to things, I simply wish I had a full-spectrum, non-encoded version to listen to!

I don't know if I missed it, but if you have a link to either your own personal music, or an archive of the mixes you've done, I'd be interested in giving a listen.

Well done,
Envoy
Hey envoy, thank you very much! :oops: I could send you a link to the mastered wave file instead of the mastered mp3. although, the mp3 should cover alot considering it's at 256 kbps. If you want the wave though, let me know via pm.

That's just the type of feedback i'm looking for! well, of course becuase it's positive, but more-so becuase it gives some description of your perception of the mixing/production.

very flattered that you'd like to hear more of my work. you can check out most of the tunes i've made over at http://totc.wusik.com. Although, i don't believe anything i've done so far is as "huge" sounding as this mix...but they're pretty good imo.

Thanx so much for the feedback, really appreciate it.

peace!

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I like this, It took me on a nice evolving journey through sound and music; It certainly is one of the 10 best I've heard here. The mix give me something to shoot for, I'll be using this a reference from now on. Envoy is right about the cinematic quality, it evoque images in my head when listening to it and tells a story (and that's without even understanding the words, my English is too poor).

A keeper, very well done.
Quote of the day: "If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."--Elbert Hubbard 1856-1915

Ezy Ryder wrote:I like this, It took me on a nice evolving journey through sound and music; It certainly is one of the 10 best I've heard here. The mix give me something to shoot for, I'll be using this a reference from now on. Envoy is right about the cinematic quality, it evoque images in my head when listening to it and tells a story (and that's without even understanding the words, my English is too poor).

A keeper, very well done.
WoW :shock: Thank you so much ez. I'm really blushing from the response so far.

In case anyone is interested in the virtual gear used, here's a small list (well, not so small)

1. Wusikstation for almost everything

2. Exciton 2

3. Battery 2

4. Revitar 2 and Guitar Rig (yes, it's true, those guitars are completely synthetic!!!)

5. Ephonic's Retro Dealy
6. Desaster Development's ZapFilter2
7. Cryosonic's SpectraLive
8. Nuendo built in EQ, Compressor, and other dynamic plugs.
9. SpinAudio Roomverb M2

peace!

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Hey!
TotcProductions wrote:In case anyone is interested ...
9. SpinAudio Roomverb M2
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not alone out in the wilderness in liking Roomverb! I looked a long time at the various verbs to pick one that I wanted in addition to the ones that had come along with my other tools (Lexicon Pantheon and Sonitus with Sonar, Acoustic Mirror in Sound Forge). We all have different needs, and I really liked the variety of ways I could use and model Roomverb.

Also gives me hope I can set a sound stage the way you did. :)

One rather dumb question: I thought you were simply mixing someone else's tune, and even followed the link to the band - are you one of the band members? My impression from your post was they had recorded and you had mixed, but I'm getting the impression (from your list) that you actually crafted the arrangement as well. In that case, you short-changed yourself, as you've done a lot more than mix.

I'll check out the stuff over at Wusik; I'm also pleased to see this part of the thread, as I've only been a Wusikstation user for about 3 weeks. Again, you give me hope!

Cheers,
Jon
the dreamer that remains . . .

Hi!

I agree to what the rest says, though it´s not excactly the kind of music I listen to, but I got curious after reading these mainly positive comments :)
I got something to add though, which is that what happends at 2:24 is a bit disturbing.. it sounds like the instrument that sets in is not excactly in tune with the rest, and it´s also so loud that it´s hard to hear the vocal there.

Anyway, congratulations!
Best Regards

Roman Empire

envoy wrote:Hey!
TotcProductions wrote:In case anyone is interested ...
9. SpinAudio Roomverb M2
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not alone out in the wilderness in liking Roomverb! I looked a long time at the various verbs to pick one that I wanted in addition to the ones that had come along with my other tools (Lexicon Pantheon and Sonitus with Sonar, Acoustic Mirror in Sound Forge). We all have different needs, and I really liked the variety of ways I could use and model Roomverb.

Also gives me hope I can set a sound stage the way you did. :)

One rather dumb question: I thought you were simply mixing someone else's tune, and even followed the link to the band - are you one of the band members? My impression from your post was they had recorded and you had mixed, but I'm getting the impression (from your list) that you actually crafted the arrangement as well. In that case, you short-changed yourself, as you've done a lot more than mix.

I'll check out the stuff over at Wusik; I'm also pleased to see this part of the thread, as I've only been a Wusikstation user for about 3 weeks. Again, you give me hope!

Cheers,
Jon
No, i'm not in the band. They're close friends of mine. I actually composed the entire bit. only thing i used from the original track is the vocal track...which i cut and pitch-shifted to a bit to fit in better, but other than that, it's untouched. The music is all originally mine...If you listen to the original lullabye tune, you'll see that this is painstakingly obvious. So yes, i did quite a bit more than just mixing/mastering. I actually composed, performed, and produced the entire track. :oops:
thanx for pointing this out envoy.

I LOVE roomverb. I do see promise in the new ones, like the R66, ArtsAcoustic Verb, w2/w5, and the new CSR coming from IK Multimedia, but i can't afford them now, and after some time working with roomverb m2 as my primary reverb source, i've come to be very proficient in making it sound most of the ways i want to. I just love the air it can add to any track...like one mic was far and another was close. very top of the line in my opinion.

As far as wusikstation goes....it's amazing....6 out of a total of 14 tracks (2 being vocals) used in this composition were wusikstation with no external effects whatseover. Wusikstation should have been called workstation, or workhorse, or something to that effect...as it can completely tailor a sound from amplitude shaping, to eqing. My copy has more than paid for itself.

To Roman Empire: yes, i see what you're speaking of. it's not really out of tune...it's just the force with which each note hits. It's so loud simply becuase i love that preset...oh, i forgot to mention that i used EVE in this track too!. That's where that sound came from. ; )

thanx again for all the positive feedback. ; )

peace !

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Return to “Music Cafe”