[Wopelka sings Barnadine] Un Homme de Grâce

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh la la! Merveilleux!

this is great!!! wow
thanks for the DL!!!

DLed the Barnadine take too, I can't say which one I like best yet, both are excellent.

thanks for the kind words, folks. :oops:
Barnadine's praises are so well deserved.

i've just noticed something funny: according to the lyrics page, the first verse of the original version is: I am a man of grace. i translated Je suis un homme de goût, and i'm quite sure it has been I am a man of taste before. Before what? that is the question. :wink:

Yeah, many thanks for listening and commenting. 8)

I love the different slant Wopelka's performance gives to the narrator in the song. More of a connoisseur, more delicate and vulnerable. As though the facade could break at any moment. Excellent.
Wopelka wrote:actually, i fail to see how the lyrics of this one could be split up for two singers.
Maybe split it along ego/id lines? Or better yet, as you say, why don't I write a new song for you two? If I were given some appropriate duet lyrics, I could bash out a basic setting. Or maybe some other approach. I'm feeling in a collaborative mood these days. :)
Wopelka wrote:i've just noticed something funny: according to the lyrics page, the first verse of the original version is: I am a man of grace. i translated Je suis un homme de goût, and i'm quite sure it has been I am a man of taste before. Before what? that is the question. :wink:
I don't know what you mean. I think you'll find the page reads I am a man of taste. Perhaps you are losing your marbles. :-o

Je suis un homme de typo. :oops:

Barnadine wrote:If I were given some appropriate duet lyrics, I could bash out a basic setting. Or maybe some other approach. I'm feeling in a collaborative mood these days. :)
me too! i'm working on some duet lyrics right now. i must say i'm quite uninspired these days, but the idea of singing with Ixox is giving me wings. we may even do a trio: a French, a Swiss and an Australian singing together, must be fun.

Wopelka wrote:
Barnadine wrote:If I were given some appropriate duet lyrics, I could bash out a basic setting. Or maybe some other approach. I'm feeling in a collaborative mood these days. :)
me too! i'm working on some duet lyrics right now. i must say i'm quite uninspired these days, but the idea of singing with Ixox is giving me wings. we may even do a trio: a French, a Swiss and an Australian singing together, must be fun.
:shock:

I simply don't understand it! :?

A mix of all three of you? :o

Don't you guys know that, as beautiful as it may sound to your collective ears, most human beings couldn't understand an Aussie accent if they were paid to do it! :shrug:

Bad idea -- think of all the angry French people there'll be! :uhuhuh:

:hihi:

...xander wrote:Don't you guys know that, as beautiful as it may sound to your collective ears, most human beings couldn't understand an Aussie accent if they were paid to do it! :shrug:
Fer chrissakes mate, strine's clearuz bloody day. All that croc wrestlin duz wundaz feh yer enunciation an elocution, y'see? Builds up yer neck muscles.

Now scuse me while I go install this new-fangled software.

:roll: :P

Wopelka wrote:but the idea of singing with Ixox is giving me wings.
Write those lyrics. i'm ready... :hyper:

Barnadine wrote:
...xander wrote:Don't you guys know that, as beautiful as it may sound to your collective ears, most human beings couldn't understand an Aussie accent if they were paid to do it! :shrug:
Fer chrissakes mate, strine's clearuz bloody day. All that croc wrestlin duz wundaz feh yer enunciation an elocution, y'see? Builds up yer neck muscles.

Now scuse me while I go install this new-fangled software.

:roll: :P
Bah -- ya blodgey tart! Ya be's the cobber 'oo wails like a sheeler 'n then hits the frog 'n toad on 'is mates fer a chook & slab!

;)

Actually, that's some way-deep lingo eh? They oughta use it in counter-intelligence er sumpthin! :|

:lol:

Actually there isn't too much difference in the two voices, be it a very delicate one. I was quite surprised by that I must say.
Barnardine wrote:I love the different slant Wopelka's performance gives to the narrator in the song. More of a connoisseur, more delicate and vulnerable. As though the facade could break at any moment. Excellent.
I think you said it best here

The otherside of the story is, that your singing has a very rounded warmer feel, it seems to flow and nestle itself within the arrangement very naturally.

But all this aside; it was just a joy listening to both versions for such a long time :)

Return to “Music Cafe”