september theme ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am thoroughly confused. What just happened?

a new month!!!!

I mean about voting or lack thereof. And there was winner. A deserving one forsooth.

gordon ...

(and everyone else)

... dave spiers from gforce VERY kindly donated a minimonsta when he saw the theme for the month but didnt realise we werent running a vote ...

... i couldnt pass on such a GREAT prize though and originally wanted him to choose the winner based on his personal preference but hes MIGHTY busy right now and just didnt have the time ...

... so ... i threw all the 'entrants' into a spreadsheet (ordered by song title to add some unpredictability) and asked the next poster to choose a number at random ... glassback chose 42 and on my list that corresponded to nikp2000 ...

slainte ;) rob

Barnadine wrote:
Glooper wrote:and no one guessed me guest vocal..
:(
It's me, isn't it? I bet it's me. Is it me? :hyper::hyper:
nope... :uhuhuh:

it's opiadream

Ben :ud:

congratulations to nikp2000. i liked the no-voting idea, i.e. being spared the pain of winnowing - but then there's the anti-climax of not having a way of rounding-off with the mutual back-slapping and so on, that we like to indulge in on such occasions :)

anyway, somewhat late, thanks to all the reviewers, i've only just had time to fully read the thread. here's a few i'd like to return comment on, should they pass this way again:
Diek wrote:Knockman The Moog KookBook
I ever smile with the conversation in the intro. The song remembers me like a picture of Joan Miro: bit childish bit surrealistic (Joan Miro is one of my favourite painters)
thanks diek :D . i really appreciate the miro reference as he captures this essence of magic that exists between the tangible elements of life, something not always apparent but always there if we choose to tune in to it. i've always been fond of his painting 'personnage throwing a stone at a bird'.
thomekk wrote:29. 0509-knockman-the moog kookbook.mp3
It's the second song I hear from you (first was last month's contribution) . Now something comes to mind. Do you know Scott Walker? You remind me of him! Besides this is a very good tune! Like this one a lot!
thanks :) , i'm a huge scott walker fan, though there's absolutely no way i could come close to his magnificence! there's a remarkable delivery that he has, a million miles from rock, a kind of limitless gravity coupled with a skewed campness, plus the self-indulgence and pretension that is revelled in, all add up to a wonderful beauty/dementia. 8)
You™ wrote:Image
One of these days we'll get our little unnamed project back on track. I can't help thinking of Brian Ferry when I hear you croon like this. Great words and verry funny piece, though with a sense of humor more like Godley and Creme than Weird Al. I confess that I've done my share of a capella synth stylings. Mine never sounded so polished. I like the mechanically insistent piano part in this as well as the synthetic filigree and scattershot choir parts too.
thanks :) . the sonograms are a super idea - i'm struck by the apparent 'containment' that mine exhibits, but listening to all the other tracks i frequently notice this, maybe my environment promotes a subdued production, i often work late at night and am too timid to freak-out my respectful japanese neighbours, so i probably go about my music as if i were some kind of timorous jungle shrew that lives on a tense knife edge, at any moment a predator may strike! i'm slightly baffled by godley and creme, never listened to them except in passing, so i'm unaware of their humour. one day that unnamed project must spread its wings.

regards

--
Last edited by nuisance sonore on Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

gordon ...

(and everyone else)

... dave spiers from gforce VERY kindly donated a minimonsta when he saw the theme for the month but didnt realise we werent running a vote ...

... i couldnt pass on such a GREAT prize though and originally wanted him to choose the winner based on his personal preference but hes MIGHTY busy right now and just didnt have the time ...

... so ... i threw all the 'entrants' into a spreadsheet (ordered by song title to add some unpredictability) and asked the next poster to choose a number at random ... glassback chose 42 and on my list that corresponded to nikp2000 ...

slainte rob
Cool1 Thanks Dave and Dave and Congratulations Nikp2000! :D

Cheers,
Gordon

slartibartfast:

Thomekk - Bob has gone
With that singing voice, this could have been misinterpreted as a tribute to Dylan, not Moog I really like the guitar groove, but to me the track just feels as though it wants to "bust out" into something altogether much heavier - complete with drums and bass. But you have done what you set out to do very well indeed.
You tm:

Naive? I think more like bizarre surf blues. Like many other songs this month, I think it's funny to think of it just as a tribute to a guy named Bob rather than Dr. Moog. I also strongly think it could only be improved with appropriate drums and percussion. The lyrics are so perplexingly simple and the music so earnest, I think this may be the work of a musical genius slumming on the internet.

Thank you so much You and Slartibartfast for nice and very constructive reviews :)
As I followed you're advice I reworked "Bob is gone" a lot - and yes, it now has drums and lots more of details. I hope it has grown :wink:

Here's the link to the new version:
Bob is gone - extended

or go to this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88#1419088
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

And congrats, dear lucky bastard Nikp2000! 8)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Yes congratulations are in order. Cheers Nikp2000 - you deserve it! :D

Nikp2000, you truly are a jammy bugger. Well done!!

Thanks for all the reviews of my tune, and apologies I didn't manage to finish mine.

--

Caco wrote:Synthasy2000 I am having problems downloading your track, is the link correct or is the problem with me? It may be the brackets in the link confusing things.
It's a word wrap problem as the link text is too big.

If you still wish to listen please go to www.voynich.co.uk and download the full version from there.

Thanks

Synthays2000

Return to “Music Cafe”