Noise: SN

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using mainly two very cheap (the cheapest I could find) Chinese delay pedals and a guitar (and a bit of ITB mangling) I've produced this piece of noise (7min/5Mb):

SN

A good one, Thomas, very expansive, sounds often easrly on like old creaking ships. The fade out is very effective. Somewhere midway, it would be cool if you had a different effect lined up to completely alter the character of sound.

What's ITB mangling?

nice work!

but how did you play the guitar and turn the knobs at the same time? or is this really one big feedback loop of noise?
www.digitaldoom.com
Mac Pro, M-Audio ProjectMix I/O, Ableton Live, Logic

great stuff - good base for a verstaerker-track

shamann wrote:What's ITB mangling?
Sorry. In The Box (the box being the computer).

digitaldoom wrote:nice work!

but how did you play the guitar and turn the knobs at the same time? or is this really one big feedback loop of noise?
Thanx! Didn't you know that I have three arms? I thought it was common knowledge ;-)

This is pretty darn exciting here Thomas. Great evolving sounds with a minimal setup. Do carry on :)

mystahr wrote:This is pretty darn exciting here Thomas. Great evolving sounds with a minimal setup. Do carry on :)
wot he said :hihi:

skillfull control here and cool stripped back approach.

steve.

Thanks Mark and Steve!

Nice organic ambience here... was waiting for the noise part but it never arrived. That's not an issue though, as the living, breathing textures here are perfect in their subdued state. Maybe my new favourite of yours.

Great stuff!
I'm a big fan of cheap delay pedals myself.
Love the atmosphere you've created!

Dystonia_ek: I guess I don't really know what the Noise genre is. But the same can be said about me and every other genre. First I was a bit surprised that this would be a favorite, but now that I've re-listened I think I know why. Thanx!

Jack R: Cheap delay pedals are the best! These small babies will selc-oscillate with "Repeat" (feedback) at about 50%. Lovely!

Oh - and BUMP!

Return to “Music Cafe”