neurofunk or stfu__wreckstep

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i just finished what i think it is my best work so far. i tried to keep it minimal and make it resemble kemal & robdata tunes Image Image i'm really happy with it just that i have yet to manage to give it that extra sparkle/crispiness. have a listen and lemme hear some *constructive* criticism.

download here

thanks.

Needs some lead type melody running through it or something. Maybe just more FX type sounds? I would speed it up a little too. I would like the bass sound to have less crunch and more wah also. That's as constructive as I can get. Sorry! :)

np, thx.

1. there is no
sk-1 wrote:lead type melody running through it
cus i didn't feel i needed one. i'm bored with leads anyhow.
2. 172bpm is just right so i don't see why i would speed it up. furthermore, i found that the faster the bpm, the harder to fit things in nicely. speed eats up space (if that makes any sense)
3. what bass are you talking about? if it's the one that comes in @ 1:26, then i think it has enough 'wah' if it's the 'overly-phased-and-distorted-reece' that comes in @ 2:21, then i think it actually needs *more* crunch.

thanks anyway.
anyone else?

lightshy wrote:anyone else?

This is a killer tune, great vibe and great bassline.

The bassline's sweeping LP reece I think could go through another bit of resamples and bounce downs to get it a bit dirtier... it's far too "dry". The composition of the bassline is great, though.

I think this track's flaw lies in the drums. They are just too drum-machine/mechanical. This track makes me think very much of the drumfunk stuff by Paradox... and all his drums are very, very organic as they are purely chopped breaks.

You could go grab like the alligator boogalo, tighten up, or god made me funky breaks... just take a bunch of the million snare, kick, hats and ghost hits in those and replace all your drum samples. Then you'll have your programming but they'll be much less retrigger sounding.

Excellent tune, otherwise. It's a keeper and will see time in my playlist, up against the people this tune is supposed to resemble... and then some.
hi

ooh that's moody. enjoyed :)

drums need some variation, very repetative, get boring after 2 mins.

actually, the whole track is a bit dull, def needs a lead or something to liven it up.

Speaking as someone who is'nt mad about Dn'B, i quite liked this. You had someinteresting sounds in the background that created a nice soundscape. The drums were good, but i would have welcomed some sort of lead line as after a while it just sort of drifted. Nice still though.

Return to “Music Cafe”