[lush downtempo, formely DJMessy] new album: Messy's Pace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I'm super excited to announce the release my new album: Messy's Pace. I've tagged it as a lush, downtempo melodic approach to instrumental electronica. Its available for streaming or download (for free) on my website: www.generalfuzz.net (hosted by audioshot.com, of course!). I would love to get feedback, positive or negative, on what people think. I've posted a couple of the songs already on this board, and the feedback directly impacted the final form of these songs.

Written entirely on Live 4, using many VSTs and a couple talented musician friends. All the beats were done with Stylus RMX.

I hope you enjoy it. I've certainly enjoyed created it.

tc,
GF

* bump for feedback *
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

Wow, this is very cool. I haven't been able to listen all the way through it (just skimming through tracks here), but I really like the style, lots of rhodes and popping drums.

Is that a real sax on "liquid jazz"? If not, then that is some wicked programming.

Kind regards,

strunk

Yep - thats a real sax on liquid jazz: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1231841. My friend Jesse Cutler played guitar on Sliding Forward, and my friend Jason Parmar played Tabla on Bars of Parmar. Glad you like it so far. . .

I just came back from Burning Man this past weekend, where I distributed 500 copies of this album. Right now, I'm feeling like I made a big step forward as a musician (although I recognize its all in my mind :) )

*bump for feedback*

Great musicianship, nice production/use of pan, the progressive arrangements are spot on, the levels of the tracks are consistent. "liquid jazz" (The sax works so well with your backing) is my favorite with "unconscious alliance" a close second, but I love them all. The tabla on the last track sounds great and I love the electric pianos you drop into some tracks. The album has a similar vibe thorughout and works as a whole.

:violin:

Have you sent this out to any labels yet? I'm sure someone would sign it and there are bound to be loads of Net labels who would release it.

:violin:

I have added a link to your site from mine and I think I will burn this onto a CD. Keep creating Sublime music General Fuzz.

This is a must download people :hyper:
Funk Station - Online Sampling Resource

Planet Bliss - Chilled Electronic

Just listening now, WoW nice stuff!! will add your site to my favourites. Very impressed by the tunes :)

In fact it's so good that I have to post twice!! TB-303 orama!!
:harp:

Excellent stuff! only 1/2 way through the downloads so far but liked every one I've listened too.

Edit: Love the electric piano and beats. Some amazing playing/programming going on here. Thanks for making it freely availible.
Steve.
I know I have got a negative edge, that’s why I sharpen all the others a lot.

OK, I want to know which VSTs you used for the 303. Tell me!!!1111 please!!!1 :)

Smiling Perspective
What a great start to a great album! I love the TB-303 work.

Unconscious Alliance
Awesome bassline, and I love the piano transition. My favorite.

Red Baloon
While Bliss is the Pad jedi you are the TB-303 jedi :). The Scream-ish at the end is a bit loud but otherwise a great track.

Leave no trace
The bass track starting around 4:00 is just heavenly. Rhodes fill in nicely. Third favorite

Sliding forward
The piano and guitar really fit in perfectly with the rest of the song (or is it the other way around?). My second favorite.

Liquid Jazz
The sax really makes for some great harmonics in the melodies, very nice.

Lost
I just love the melody. It's awesome.

Lido in the Morning
The waves kinda sneak up on you :) I like that.

Bars of Parmar
It seemed to be a buildup to a faster part, except that the faster part never came?

I like it, I love it, I'm keeping it. Please do tell which VSTs you used :)

Thanks for the kind words!

The 303 is mostly Muon Tau2 running through CamelPhat2.

I used a bunch of different VSTS that I've been collecting over the last couple years.
Staples would be: Z3ta+ (and Virus Z3ta+), Vanguard, Absynth 2, Ray73 and MrTramp for epianos, B4 for organs, StylusRMX for almost all the drums (I love this beast, although I'm just starting to get into GURU), Sonic Synth (I upgraded to 2 half way through the album) for Piano's and other sounds. Probably some others as well.

I owe a lot to Live 4. I was using Reason almost exclusively before this - I had traction and was buying VSTS, but was unable to ever finish anything. Live's way of working changed everything for me - I started jamming with myself a bunch, then started sequencing the jams and cleaning them up. Now I'm totally hooked.

I used to sequence MIDI stuff in Guitar Pro, then export the MIDI to Acid 4 with VST plugins. Then, I learned of FL, and that pretty much changed everything for me. I learned Reason in the meanwhile, and while I like its rack stuff better I prefer FL studio for the actual sequencing (nothing beats a playlist of patterns). Even if I don't always use FL, I'm glad I learned it because it changed the way I do stuff.

I had a demo version of live 5 but it kept crashing on me so I abandoned that.

Great album! I already had 2/3rds of the song in my keeper collection (from your previous song posts), so the new 3 songs were a treat.

The album has a very integrated feel - the songs work well together. This encourages me to write some tunes!

Brian

Return to “Music Cafe”