when remco does doe maar in het engels

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

howdy chaps

Many dutch folks from my age or older listened to the dutch band doe maar a lot in the 80`s .. because the lyrics were all in dutch they were mostly world famous in the netherlands ;) i took some time out to make a rather free translation of one of their songs.
I build the music with the idea of not changing the original to much but still add my own little bend
I hope you guys will apreaciate this song - its called papa

plugsound on bass
fontenator on strings (with a little flanging and delaying and filtering twist)
fontenator on flat harp (simple soundfont)
vivaldi on organ
remco`s cut and paste work on the free drum hits responsible for the rhytm
muon tau on the lead synth at the end
remco on vocal

http://www.panicnow.net/~remco/remcosdo ... erpapa.mp3

and now of to bed for me - oi oi - i have to get up in 5 hours again :)

enjoy

remco

Very nice production quality.
Do you want some constructive criticism?
You do? :D
Good...because I have some!
No offence intended but...From an American perspective....your accent sounds funny. Like in the same way Kraftwerk sounds funny. I don't know about elsewhere...but over here you can only get away with that if you're a really hot chick or maybe industrial metal or something. Why not stick to Dutch? :?:

SK-1 wrote:Very nice production quality.
Do you want some constructive criticism?
You do? :D
Good...because I have some!
No offence intended but...From an American perspective....your accent sounds funny. Like in the same way Kraftwerk sounds funny. I don't know about elsewhere...but over here you can only get away with that if you're a really hot chick or maybe industrial metal or something. Why not stick to Dutch? :?:
hmmm, I think you may have some folks who disagree with you there, sk-1.
granted, this isn't one of my favorite et tunes, but as rare as they are, I'll take what I can get.

bluedad wrote: hmmm, I think you may have some folks who disagree with you there, sk-1.
granted, this isn't one of my favorite et tunes, but as rare as they are, I'll take what I can get.
Yeah...maybe I don't get it. He's definitely a very talented musician. It's too bad he doesn't do more.....but.....maybe he might think it was funny if you or me sang a song in Dutch? It is quite possible. I listen to music in other languages all the time and I find it actually helps you focus on the actual voice more when you don't understand the lyrics. I bet it sounds better in Dutch..that's all I'm sayin' mang. :D

thanks for listening and commenting positive reactions and constructive critism on improvable points :) I think I partly agree with sk1 about the language part. It is no shame to speak in your native language .. perhaps i do have a strange accent - i`m still working on improving it ;) anyway some people don't mind listening to a song they don't understand in words while others do ... the reason I translated this song is I wanted .. people in Australia Canada or wherever to at least understand some of the words .. perhaps ill do the original lyrics as written by doe maar this week to.

you guys give the zeal needed to keep on keeping on
pao and Gary - you are such warm chaps and I'm very grateful to have you two as friends be it virtual it really doesn't matter .. your gold.

ok ..

i just looked up the dutch lyric
will record it to this week - we got a deal chaps :P

Doe Maar op KVR.............
Waar moet het heen met de wereld :shock: :hihi:

Firstly I like your voice a lot, although I get what SK is on about. You sound a bit like Sting.

As for the tune the melodies, perhaps the first melody needs some reverb, sounds too basic. The second melody IMO is a what I'd have to call a "primary colour" sound, it lacks sophistication and is too harsh as is the basic melody it plays. I don't want to sound negative I'm just being honest, I think that sound has to go.

Nice Warm bass, like the way the drums come in. The extra notes on the high hat should be ghosts, they are too obvious. Pads in the back are nice. Very nice.

I don't feel this tune really, I've heard a fair few of your tunes and I think you can make really good music. Perhaps you wanted to make a quick tune, that's cool, but you need to put more work more to reach to new levels.

I'm not putting you down, I just hope you see that you can do far better. If I were your coach I'd push you at this point. :wink:

Peace
"Don't fear your mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

http://www.thehungersite.com/

warp x wrote:Doe Maar op KVR.............
Waar moet het heen met de wereld :shock: :hihi:
What's next, the Dolly Dots? Luv? Patricia Paay? :hihi:

I can't listen right now, but I do like the original song a lot.

thanks warp Equilibrium and Cpt ! :D

yeah the dolly dots - she's a liar (imagine a hall and oats man-eater like rhythm played with a more nowadays heavy funk kit and a robotic like voice in a way that lead singer from flash and the pan does in walking in the rain) would be a most excellent pick ! oh man - doe maar should have had world hits - to me its the best act that ever happened in Dutch music !! on this song - I just wanted to keep the harsh sequenced robotic steadiness marking 80`s synthpop. Perhaps it needs some more work but I cant be arsed because I'm already working on some other things :) after all this is merely a hobby and not a profession anyway ! but indeed it lacks depth / smart programmed layers :wink:

I think most of the critic heard is bull's-eye :) That is why my cd will be produced by others
Great thing is I already have all the songs in row and so far 7 people who promised to be on it !
it will have more sophisticated lyrics and mystical croons over 10 different styled songs :)

Equilibrium ... you got very good ears - this is indeed put together ultra quick (1 hour)
the singing took me longer as the making because I live next to a train station and the wind stood in the wrong direction damnit
btw ... did you see the movie Equilibrium ? bad acting of a wrong cast with bad decor and a bad film score - but a very nice storyline :)
how do people manage to work for a week or even longer on a song anyway .... i skip songs after hearing them for longer than 50 seconds :lol:

He, da's een leuke cover zeg - ik vind deze versie veel beter! En dat accent valt heel erg mee! :)

For the rest: Hey, I really like this cover - I think it's better than the original. And your accent is quite ok! :)
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

yeah i like the accent. it'd probably be time for a solo or something around the 2:45 mark, i got kinda bored there.

ach ja, Doe Maar... dat waren nog eens tijden... goeie cover!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

thanks guys !

sounds like "heroine goddamnit" will be the next :D

Emerald Tablet wrote:this is indeed put together ultra quick (1 hour)
Nice job then. Lovely little outro!

Return to “Music Cafe”