when remco does doe maar in het engels

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First time I heard it I thought eeeeeeeeeeeek for hearing a tune that is embedded in the mind in a different language and by one of my fave singers.

The music so very much has that certain remco style too and is very much spot on; while bringing in a totally modern sound. that arpegiating synth in the back is great.

Having had multiple listens now, theres a few parts in the song that I love; the jazzy pa-pa solo is just a great moment for one, but the sturdy papa voice I really feel should have a different voice as the energy of the original gets totally lost there imo.
Sometimes I also thought that the translation at times didn't flow so rhythmicaly within the whole, yet theres also parts where it just flows into the tune.

Uhm, a lot of contradictions and some thoughts..

I'd love to hear this in Dutch as well :D

meer kijk ik er nog naar uit om snel samen in een studio aan de gang te gaan ;)

A lot of Dutch on KvR.
Emerald Tablet, you´ve got balls ! (for the people who don´t know "Doe Maar") The band Doe Maar were maybe more popular in Holland than the Beatles before ! They were a bunch of great musicians, composers, singers with a huge podium experience (rel. older chaps). They stopped when they had lots of succes because of the madness of it...
So doing a cover of something of that size is riski.
I´d work more on the lyrics, to get them as fluid as they were in Dutch (ex. daddy instead of papa). The accent may need some attention too I think (an english speaking friend, or better a girl friend might do wonders to help you out). Good production !
I´m sorry if I sound a bit severe, but I think you´re worth it. Don´t stop, go on, you´ve got it in you !
In al de jaren (38) dat ik muziek maak, heb ik het zelf nog niet aangedurft een cover van m´n idool (Jimi Hendrix) te maken (ik doe eigenlijk nooit covers). ´k Zal er toch eens aan moeten beginnen, voor jullie me voor een schijtlaars houden :) :hihi:
So Remco I should say : "Doe Maar"... .. .
Carpo diem ergo sum !

yipeeeeyeah

thathathatha

its a good feeling to know even a simple finger exercise is being appreciated and valued @ kvr !! :)

Yup DOE MAAR - I had all these fancy buttons on my grubby nail jacket with an even bigger textile of KISS stitched to the back :) my fav Doe Maar song was "Nachtzuster" sang it every time a friend of mine who had been in a dick operation (something to do with his dick being a curl cord or a deformed banana or so) came around .... we gave him a stack of hustlers when he was recovering from the operation ! Hey poepe ...why not do a Hendrix cover ! just don't do the obvious ones that have been done a million times ! I mean little wing is brilliant but done to many times as has Purple Haze. Covering Hendrix is not only a mater of being a kick arse guitar player ! I mean I for one would like to hear a Hendrix cover on a carillon or by a symphonic orchestra or just on a kazoo ;) Schijtlaars :D thanks for listening and for all the constructive critic 8) :wink: :) Myst .... just a few nights rest untill we jam (read push a few faders and press some keys and act like were kick arse producers) :D

Emerald Tablet wrote:
btw ... did you see the movie Equilibrium ? bad acting of a wrong cast with bad decor and a bad film score - but a very nice storyline :)
how do people manage to work for a week or even longer on a song anyway .... i skip songs after hearing them for longer than 50 seconds :lol:
No a lot of people have asked me if I've seen that film. I just like the word really. I like the idea of you timing your recording in between trains, give your voice an element of tension. :hihi:
"Don't fear your mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Return to “Music Cafe”