Katrina CD track.. Vocals needed!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well here's an early version of my track for the katrina album...

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... erhood.mp3

But it's still lacking something... I wanted to get some good vocal bits on it.. or some record scratching or both but am struggling to find anything suitable...

Anyone got any ideas? or can do some vocal bits..

Ben
Last edited by Glooper on Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

This track is ripe for vocals. Keep at it.
A background pad might work as well.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Forgot to add:

I DIG IT!! Cool stuff. 8)
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

hehe.. cheers freeztar...

Yeah some spot vocals is what I was thinking.. problem is I can't sing well enough to do them myself.. and I can't find any appropriate samples...

Ben

find a vocalist maybe?

Glooper wrote:well here's an early version of my track for the katrina album...

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... erhood.mp3

But it's still lacking something... I wanted to get some good vocal bits on it.. or some record scratching or both but am struggling to find anything suitable...

Anyone got any ideas?

Ben
Ben, I'm adding some percs to this and will send a link to you so yous can have a listen.

Nice work!!

Cheers,
Alex

...xander wrote: Ben, I'm adding some percs to this and will send a link to you so yous can have a listen.

Nice work!!

Cheers,
Alex
Cool..

Of course now I'm regretting not sticking up an ogg.. those damn silence's...

I'll upload an ogg version tonight..

Ben

Glooper wrote:
...xander wrote: Ben, I'm adding some percs to this and will send a link to you so yous can have a listen.

Nice work!!

Cheers,
Alex
Cool..

Of course now I'm regretting not sticking up an ogg.. those damn silence's...

I'll upload an ogg version tonight..

Ben
Still working on this Ben (as well as me own and a zillion other things) so it's taking a bit of time, but maybe in another few hours? (off to work in a mo but back in three hours).

I have calculated the tempo at 100.016 BPM, and it's sounding OK so far -- nothing too detracting from your style there, just a few light perky bits to add a bit more 'groove' -- along with a few special 'xander's girls' oohs and ahhs in the background. I think you'll like it. :)

Of course, if you don't like it, well... I'll cry. ;)
Last edited by xander on Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you want I can help you with some spanish voice bits (or english if you send me the phrases and timing)

Cheers

...xander wrote: Still working on this Ben (as well as me own and a zillion other things) so it's taking a bit of time, but maybe in another few hours? (off to work in a mo but back in three hours).
That's okay.. no rush.. I'm going to re-record some of the guitars this weekend. and was thinking of recording some percusive bits myself with me djembi and tamborine..;)
...xander wrote: I have calculated the tempo at 100.016 BPM, and it's sounding OK so far -- nothing too detracting from your style there, just a few light perky bits to add to the groove -- along with a few special 'xander's girls' oohs and ahhs in the background. I think you'll like it. :)
Should be 100BPM exactly.. I'll look forward to hearing your bits...;)

Ben

Diek wrote:If you want I can help you with some spanish voice bits (or english if you send me the phrases and timing)

Cheers
That will be cool.. I have previously PMed remco though... so hold of on recording anything until I get a reply back from him... If he's not willing then I'll get back to you..;)

If I do end up asking you then I'll probably prefer you to sing in spanish... ;)...

Ben

havent heard the music but im writing this song about a story i read about a man who never left the home his forefathers died for. Its about the one thing that makes people live next to the Vesuvius - that makes people live miles below the sea level or surrounded by war or under the burning sun ...

if the subject doesnt fit the music i`ll think up something else

Emerald Tablet wrote:havent heard the music but im writing this song about a story i read about a man who never left the home his forefathers died for. Its about the one thing that makes people live next to the Vesuvius - that makes people live miles below the sea level or surrounded by war or under the burning sun ...

if the subject doesnt fit the music i`ll think up something else
Wish you'd do one for the Katrina CD mate. ;)

as promised here's the ogg version...

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... erhood.ogg

if you can record along to this version... :D

Remco.. I'll let you decide what fits.. I'll probably remove those spoken bits once your singing is in place... unity was the kinda theme I was going for.. but go with whatever inspires you...

Cheers again mate.. your a star... :D

I'm off out for the night but might be online later.. if I'm not too pissed and I don't get lucky...;)

Ben

if I'm not too pissed and I don't get lucky...

see you in chat later then :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”