..So I did an AntiDrugs song...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like the recent 'rediscovered in a drawer' thread, I have recently found some CDs I was on in the early/mid 90s.

There were three of us, me, Marc Catley and Marianne Velvart. We were also three Bands:
Paley's Watch (Prog)
Marc Catley and the Flaming Methodists (Christian Satirical)
Marianne Velvart Band (Joni Mitchellesque Jazz Funk)

We did a number of albums, one of which was 'A Progressive Rock Gospel Opera in one act' called 'No Tomorrow'. It was a tape only release, but in 1994 it came out on 'Char' a 3 sided CD containing 'No Tomorrow' and parts of 'Hot Air for Jesus'.

Anyway, NT had an AntiDrugs song on it. I wrote it. It's based on something Marc saw, there was some dude trying to be really hip without being controversial. Basically he said "I'm not saying don't do drugs, I'm sayin' know what you're gettin' in to". He was too scared to say drugs are cool, because he wanted the parents to sanction his music, and he didn't want to be antidrugs because the kids wouldn't want it..

We're Not Sayin was the result. Being 1994, we we're pretty much limited to the sounds in the studio. I wasn't happy with the mix at the time, but basically we had 6 days to record and mix the whole 18 songs of the opera, so there were alot of first takes of playing and mixing.

I did the programming, singing (including dodgy falsetto), guitars and my old Korg Delta provided the keys.

Enjoy, and be careful out there!

DSP

Phun listen.

There was some DC in the signal though, so I ran a highpass on it, and while I was at it, ran it through ADL aswell. I like to listen to stuff that is properly compressed.
I made an mp3 of it aswell.

Takes it to the contemporary level.
Maybe you should think about doing this yourself aswell?
btw, all communication from me may be someone else hijacking my IP and making it seem like I am typing this.

tvm! Alot of stuff from that studio ended up quiter than I expected.

It does sound rather better like that.

Glad you enjoyed it!

DSP

Return to “Music Cafe”