Bet you never heard anything like this before on KVR!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

annode: I'm glad the bass is fine after all :)
Will try that hi/lo pass thingy. It's recorded in mono (I believe, will make sure later when I get home), and some form of stereo spread will definitely help.

Duncan: bass is in mono. I don't really fancy putting chorus on a Flamenco guitar but thanks for the suggestion.

You-tm: thanks. Don't know the names you mention but I will try and look for them. Got any websites? Otherwise I'll Google them later.

CypherOne: hey, was expecting a reply from you much earlier. Beats phat enough for you then? ;)

Armadillo wrote:You-tm: thanks. Don't know the names you mention but I will try and look for them. Got any websites? Otherwise I'll Google them later.
Madredeus - a lot of Flash. They're pretty traditional, but there's a remix album called "Electronico" this somehow reminded me of. There's a Dusted version of "A Andorinha da Primavera" which you might find interesting. Juana Molina has kind of an odd laid back electro-acoustic sound. And Bebel Gilberto is all over the place - mostly postmodern bossa nova, but I've heard a few hybrid things she's done which may be why she came to mind. I don't know.

very nice Armadillo

very nice 8)

Great track, reminds me both of Bassment Jaxx and the soundtrack from the Fifth Element.

Yes. Kick ass job, Armadillo. Fcuking Bravo, man.

8) this song is awesome !
be part of the solution, not the problem

hey, how did you process delay llama? i wondered if that's what it was, but it sounds cleaner than i've been able to get it.

You-tm: didn't find much electronic influence in those artists...well, they didn't all have audio I could check out though.

Bernhardtjeff: I think the only thing I did to Delay Lama apart from fiddling with it's parameters was put a Trance gate on top of it, to get that stuttering effect.

This track is great in many ways, but to me, it lacks something. The intro is utterly ace, couldn't be any better. I love that moody bassline.

As it moves on though, some of the Guitar riffs seem our of place. The drop is weak and so is the cutting. at 1:44 the guitar sounds quite rambling and messy.

You obviously have a serious amount of skill which is why I've been quite honest, and it is very good, it just doesn't quite do it for me. It could well be that this isn't a sound that I am too used to. Some heavier drops are needed I think.
"Don't fear your mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Finally somebody tries to pull the track apart after all that brown nosing :hihi:

Drop.... I presume you mean the breakdown at 2.33. I like it. Don't know what you mean by it needs to be heavier? Needs to happen more arupt perhaps?

Cutting....don't have a clue what that means, "build up" perhaps?

Guitar is gonna stay like that I'm afraid. 1. Because 95% of all people seems to love it and 2. because the guitarist is a working pro and will probably not have time (or want to) within the next 3 months.

Armadillo wrote:CypherOne: hey, was expecting a reply from you much earlier. Beats phat enough for you then? ;)
honestly, the beats didn't really stand out for me (I mean they're not what I consider phat). Still a nice track tho :)

hmm, the "worse" I could come up with is:
- easier on the "whistly" sounds
- a bit easier on the bass arround 2:16, 2:20, maybe to 2:30
- at 3:40, the bass (not on my flat headphones, but yes on my middle-class stereo) starts covering the guitar just a bit too much. Maybe messing with the adsr a tiny bit will fix this. Yeah, I think adsr could make the bass perfect - maybe without the (r) in adsr :D.

(evil)You wont hear praising comments even though you most definetly deserve them, cause you got enough from the others already(/evil) :D
Music is art, not a product!
Child of Chaos - music page

Equilibrium wrote:This track is great in many ways, but to me, it lacks something. The intro is utterly ace, couldn't be any better. I love that moody bassline.

As it moves on though, some of the Guitar riffs seem our of place. The drop is weak and so is the cutting. at 1:44 the guitar sounds quite rambling and messy.

You obviously have a serious amount of skill which is why I've been quite honest, and it is very good, it just doesn't quite do it for me. It could well be that this isn't a sound that I am too used to. Some heavier drops are needed I think.
Pretty much what I thought too.. Fantastic production (although the guitar seemed a mite overcompressed for my liking and the stereo field seemed a bit disparate at points) and playing... But it just didn't seem like a coherent arrangement for me... When the guitar reaches the climactic sections (missus) there are other dissonant things going on which are very distracting... It's annoying because I can almost hear what this track could be but it just doesn't seem to gel yet...

Best I stick to my jaaath eh... ;) Though, I like a bit of Squarepusher and Aphex, me...
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

wow this is great :) I love all the different flavors in this track, feels like some hard work went into it. Good job.

Armadillo wrote:Drop.... I presume you mean the breakdown at 2.33. I like it. Don't know what you mean by it needs to be heavier? Needs to happen more arupt perhaps?
Drop being when the drum drop in. I'm don't mean in the sense that they have to blow out my neighbours windows, more that they have to make themselves more known. To the average listener they might not even realise the drums have come in. I realise you are going for delicacy in this track, but that doesn't mean that the drums can be give an "introuction" as such. They drift in... hmmmm.. matter of fact I think they could just be turned up. The pattern is interesting afterall.
Armadillo wrote:Cutting....don't have a clue what that means, "build up" perhaps?
Cutting is when you cut up drum beats and rearrange them. You don't do it much, but when you do it isn't quite to a good enough standard. To keep things simple you could take the cuts out... eg 1:16 sounds kind of fart like... Squarepusher and Aphex Twin are the masters of cutting.
Armadillo wrote:Guitar is gonna stay like that I'm afraid. 1. Because 95% of all people seems to love it and 2. because the guitarist is a working pro and will probably not have time (or want to) within the next 3 months.
The guitar is wonderful, it just does perhaps too much.

The track really is good, it sounds very pro. I'm a harsh critic of myself and others. You certainly can make music. :wink:
"Don't fear your mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Return to “Music Cafe”