Audio Rape

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all! I know it's been a while since I've posted anything in here, so I figured I'd give everyone an update. I have been recording an independant album which is getting close to completeion. Here's the title track "Audio Rape". Let me know what you all think. I'll be eagerly anticipating your feedback.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/TheRonFactor/songs

Just make sure you select hi bandwidth if you use the popup if you are on highspeed, otherwise it'll sound like crap.
Last edited by |J|E|D|I| on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

comments? anyone?

Hey, this is pretty cool! Definately not a genre I usually listen too (although I believe you might be wandering in Warp Records territory?), but as far as I can tell the production is good and the mix sounds balanced to me. :)

It might get a little static for my liking (once more, this is not a genre I know too well), and the string samples sound somewhat synthetic, but overall I think this sounds good, like you've spent a good deal of time on it.

Just my 2 Norwegian Crowns. ;)

Cheers,

Arne S.

My chief thoughts are, you have some very creative ideas in this piece, I kind of feel like the opening drum sequence, while well programmed and interesting doesn't belong there after just the strings and piano, and actually the beat that kicks in at like 1:23 would make more sense, because when that beat comes in, it feels like you're taking a step back, or start the piece with the first drum thing, and build the strings into it. At 2:03 when you go back to that, it makes a lot more sense. I love the cello break down... probably my favorite part, the chamber you put the drums in, or rather that one layer you leave just sounds exactly how it should.

Overall it's well done, and rythmically interesting.

It might get a little static for my liking (once more, this is not a genre I know too well), and the string samples sound somewhat synthetic, but overall I think this sounds good, like you've spent a good deal of time on it.
Thanks for noticing :D
The truth of the matter is It took quite a bit of time, especially considering the gate on the drums was completely random, so I had to re-mix-down a number of times before I got one I liked all the way through. :cry:
I love the cello break down... probably my favorite part
Thanks. Mine too.
I'm a bit surprised you didnt think the first drum track went so well. I was actually thinking of making the opening piano and strings even quieter so the drums jump out and scare you even more. But I'll play around with it both ways and see what happens.

Hell Yeah... this song just won an award on garageband.com ... Unk!

Return to “Music Cafe”