Silence is Deadly (Detroit-ish Techno)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shagga wrote:The forum wouldn't let me. I dunno why. I tried to D/L it directly when i first posted it after someone said my last track wouldn't d/l. So i tried a direct link and it wouldn't let me either.
Most bizarre.
Strange. I see now that I sounded a bit aggravated. Sorry. And I have to say that though your track doesn't rock my boat it's very well done.

Shagga wrote:I'm rather taken aback by that statement Ronny...
I'm a huge fan of UR (obviously) - and i was kinda aiming for a similar sound (although i can't replicate that fantastic rawness on my equipment - sadly!)
Oh, i didn't mean to... Well, UR stuff is mostly raw and in the face due to lack of reverbs and delays i'd say. However, your track has much potential which i didn't seem to point out clear enough!
aka rktic. demoscener, sound designer, ux-dude, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

Nah thats cool. I can hardly compete with NSC - esp. as all my stuff is done on a single PC.

I like this track, good chord progression, good composition. The strings sound sweet.
The mix sounds good. Although my preference would be to have the kick drum a little bit more upfront in the mix.

the drums are awful :hihi: a revisit required there i feel (mind you, i don't really like kick/hat patterns and what with the muffled kick and over sparkly hat it's no shock i'm not a fan)

i really like a lot of the rest of it, it doesn't quite hang together for me at the moment and would definately benefit from some modulation but it has some cool elements, the arpeggio especially could really shine with a little bit of work to give it more life.

cheers,

steve.

Return to “Music Cafe”