Boards of canada new album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i haven't , what i heard was a fake.

No one is sure whats fake and whats not right now.

I've heard 3 versions off usernet and track 2 was almost certainly a BOC track - if not, its a BLOODY good rip off.

just listened to the new cd

nice, real nice.

anyone notice lots of guitar?

ooooeeeerrr

Actually because of this thread I wanted to listen again to geogadi after hearing mhtrtg only the past times.

It'd be very interesting to hear where they have taken new levels too.

seamoss wrote:just listened to the new cd

nice, real nice.

how? its not out for another month ! amazon won't even let me pre order :cry:

blaster78 wrote:
seamoss wrote:just listened to the new cd

nice, real nice.

how? its not out for another month ! amazon won't even let me pre order :cry:
It's on soulseek and the newsgroups. I've heard some of the (confirmed to be legit) tracks and it sounds like classic BoC; more melodic/acoustic and less dark than Geogaddi (well, what I've heard anyways).

I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out (officially, that is) in October. :D

Edit: You can hear "Oscar See Through Red Eye" at bleep.com, Warp's music DL site.
A well-behaved signature.

ah, ok

thought i was going mad there for a bit :lol:

i have....errrr....I mean heard ...(cough)....the new cd

it's definitely less dark than the last.

I actually think it's better than the last :-o

edit: oooh....nice post count

Just heard the preview track on bleep.com...I liked it...although I'm sure it would take a couple more listens to really sink in. I dont want to hear much more of this album until I get my copy though, I think it would tarnish the experience.

I know I wont be dissapointed, I love everything BOC has done so far. I listened to MHTRTC the other day, and realized that almost every track on that album is a masterpiece...even their shorter 'minuite long' fillin tracks are some of the best music I've heard.

Besides from the Skinny Puppy Live DVD, this is the best news all year!
Cant wait! :hyper:

Sweet. Been looking forward to this for quite awhile. I hope this album is a little bit less 'weird' than the last. I loved Geo when it came out, but when I went back to it a year later I found a good number of the tracks a bit too out there for my tastes. It's like they were trying to push the devil is in the numbers factor too much, trying too hard. If you've ever visited a boards fan site you know what I mean. Still there's some great tracks on there, like sunshine recorder.

Sorry, I just hope this album is good...I've been so let down by the warp artists as of late.

Return to “Music Cafe”