New Ambient Droneish track I am working on (update)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It has been awhile since I have posted a new track, been busy working on some collabs for compilation cd.

Decided to do something with the new Biomechanoid Absynth pattches that are just fantastic. I also added a track of a sequence from the new Evolver patchbank and a track of Dimension DXi. This is just the first mix, may try to sort it out later if it needs it.

Here are two different versions to check out:

http://www.sonicera.com/Above%20the%20D ... Clouds.mp3

http://www.sonicera.com/Above%20the%20D ... louds2.mp3

Have a listen and comment if you like :)
Last edited by Soniccat on Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wow bruce, i am liking this a lot. nice balance of sounds. there is an overarching darkness to it while still remaining optomistic. this is one of those rare tracks that i, as a listener, could use to spiral further into my depression or as a morning feel good track.

instrospective with out alienating the listener.

loved the tease of the arps. i know it is a work in progress which prolly accounts for the abrupt ending. with the addition of a nice fade out on the end would be perfect.

really nice work man

n.y.a.h wrote
wow bruce, i am liking this a lot. nice balance of sounds. there is an overarching darkness to it while still remaining optomistic. this is one of those rare tracks that i, as a listener, could use to spiral further into my depression or as a morning feel good track.

instrospective with out alienating the listener.

loved the tease of the arps. i know it is a work in progress which prolly accounts for the abrupt ending. with the addition of a nice fade out on the end would be perfect.

really nice work man
Thanks Scott, yea I was aiming for something that bridged the contrasts of dark and light hense the title of the track "Above the Darkened Clouds" Although I don't want to make someone feel depressed i like the contrast that it creates.

I was getting a bit tired while working on it so I did end it a bit abruptly but I will probably get to finish it tomorrow, maybe with some hardware synths as a fadeout.

Glad you liked this. Thanks :)

I wish I could listen to this right now, but this WiFi spot is pretty lousy and all downloads stop at about half way. :(
Is this the track that you collabbed with annode on for the katrina cd?
If so, I know it's quality and really can't wait to hear it. It's good to know that there will be some ambient represented on the cd. :)
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Hmmm...been at the pub a little too long me thinks...:drunk:
Time to head home to internet-less land, so I'll get back to ya'll tomorrow.

Cheers
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Haven't really been listening to ambient stuff recently, but trust you to bring me back to the fold :lol:
Perhaps a little scarier than some of your output, but has the sonicspace sound nonetheless.
Scott really hit the nail on the head there, I'm not sure whether this track is lifting me up or pulling me down, probably both at the same time!

looking forward to the fully finished piece.

grilla

Really lovely. Nice trip. I was a bit thrown off by the arp at around 6:00 - and as noted the ending is sudden. But all in all an impressive piece.

very nice indeed, quite dark and cold and yet floaty, the name fits well.

i personally would like more development of the arps.

always a good sign when the tune repeats and you don't really notice.

8)

steve.

I just can`t enjoy this with all the crackly sounds in it...sounds like my wires are loose.
Hope there`s no harse feelings..but i`m always honest when i I remark.
When I give a good remark you can be sure i`m not just kissing your ass.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

freeztar wrote
I wish I could listen to this right now, but this WiFi spot is pretty lousy and all downloads stop at about half way.
Is this the track that you collabbed with annode on for the katrina cd?
If so, I know it's quality and really can't wait to hear it. It's good to know that there will be some ambient represented on the cd.
No this is a brand new track, a bit darker than my track with annode.
Hmmm...been at the pub a little too long me thinks...
Time to head home to internet-less land, so I'll get back to ya'll tomorrow.

Cheers
I hope you get yourself back into netland. Always a drag when we need to keep in touch with the world. :)

Soniccat wrote:Thanks Scott, yea I was aiming for something that bridged the contrasts of dark and light hense the title of the track "Above the Darkened Clouds" Although I don't want to make someone feel depressed i like the contrast that it creates.
don't get me wrong, it certainly does not make me depressed, but depression is a world that i visit often, and nothing pisses me off more than overly happy music when i would prefer to stew in it. ;)

that said, finding songs that work well in my happy place and my not so happy place is a rare find indeed.

let me know when you have a finished version, and if it would be ok if i can play it on the organbient.

peaces

suburban grilla wrote
Haven't really been listening to ambient stuff recently, but trust you to bring me back to the fold
Perhaps a little scarier than some of your output, but has the sonicspace sound nonetheless.
Scott really hit the nail on the head there, I'm not sure whether this track is lifting me up or pulling me down, probably both at the same time!

looking forward to the fully finished piece.

grilla
Hey thanks grilla, I was wondering where you've been recently. I sometimes have to challenge myself to bring the darkside to the for, within these dark walls a light will break through. My belief that there is always a blue sky above those dark clouds has kept me going during tough times. 8)

respirator wrote
Really lovely. Nice trip. I was a bit thrown off by the arp at around 6:00 - and as noted the ending is sudden. But all in all an impressive piece.
Thanks respirator, yes I was trying to bring something into the mix that could create a contrast to the drone. been working on that today with some filter manipulation for the arp. and to add some rythmic elements to the track. 8)

annode wrote:I just can`t enjoy this with all the crackly sounds in it...sounds like my wires are loose.
are you sure that they are not loose? i am not hearing crackly sounds... :shrug:

blaster78 wrote
very nice indeed, quite dark and cold and yet floaty, the name fits well.

i personally would like more development of the arps.

always a good sign when the tune repeats and you don't really notice.

steve.
Thanks Steve, you will be happy to here that the arp has grown a bit. Still not sure if I should add a pitch change in there or let it grow with just filter and delay to match the drones more. Working on it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”