The Corporation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, this is one of my latest tracks called The Corporation it sounds like it could be in a game or film soundtrack maybe -

MP3: 5.7MB -
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=385522

Please tell me what you think of it, thanks :)
Last edited by Atomsplitter on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

cool tune, very atmospheric, some cool noises.

i feel like your drums could use a little more work from time to time though for a bit more variation.

cheers,

steve.

Hi blaster78 :) I agree with you, i will change the drums a bit or remix the track when i have some spare time, thanks for your comment :D

Whenever I see a title "My new Track", I wonder who the "my" was. I'm not sure if that's more or less effective than "New Track by Atomsplitter", but here I am! :lol:

Starts off with some pretty standard-sounding organ/pad sounds, and then at first I'm uncertain about the winds the jump in-- they sound almost like some dude just 'warming up', rather than orchestrated placement. When the drums come in, I'm not sure they match the rest of the track. And then the "warming up" winds tend to stay a bit off-rhythm. The effect isn't horrible, but my ear wanted to hear those winds (pipes? What to call them?) slowly become more and more in time, until they're perfectly-timed. The pad chord changes are also "on" sometimes and "off" other times.

The chaotic sound of the non-drum bit isn't bad in and of itself, but when set against the clinical sound of the drums, the resulting contrast isn't as musically interesting as one would hope. Each time the pads come in "on time", it's like a sense of relief, "Aha! NOW it's all gelling!" But then the rest of the track doesn't gel with it.

I'd like to see you go from the sort of "warming up, tinkering around" vibe that the beginning of the piece has, into a "now we're warmed up, listen to us lock onto one another!!" feeling.

All just personal perspective. :D

Hi Lunch Money, i guess you don't like the track then? Thanks for the comments anyway, this is the first track i have released so even bad feedback is good feedback in my opinion, thanks

I like the skeleton of the track! :D I just 'hear' / 'imagine' things that would make it personally more appealing for me. It's definitely worth noting that I'm neither a fan nor very knowledgeable about electronica in general. :D

Greg

Return to “Music Cafe”