C.d.P. - prog'n'page

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi there, finally got my space on audioshots :party:
help your self, and get a pastry. :P
(though the site is a bit empty at the moment, and the design is merely non-existent, you're warned)

www.pluggotic.com

the music is in the "c.d.p." section, and for the occasion I've uploaded a VERY pompous prog track, can be seen as an excuse to stuff a funkier section in the middle.

c.d.p. "l'economia nel non-essere"
7.30 min, 128Kbps, 7Mb
the track uses the mellotron brass & the delicia melodic from the now un-available hollow sun archive.

I hope you'll enjoy :)

so is this track that horrible?
it even has onepingonly on it... :roll:

it's prog, but doesn't contain rising daggers, shining capes nor jon anderson's tambourine, assured.

Getting it now 8) (but'll be listening later)

always good stuff from you

Very cool track where I do seem to have some thoughts with (which always is a good thing as it means I like it a lot)

In the opening part I feel the strings to be a tad dull, but also in the way of the organ that plays behind it.

The percussion coming in I feel should fit better in a more background-place as it demands too much distraction from what happens behind it. A slight phaser for that organ in the second part might lift it a bit making it a bit more floative within the tune.
A rather abrupt ending too, which I would more tried to put a dynamic short uprising drama there and break off.
All this is offcourse purely as I see and hear it and I could very much be wrong here; then again wrongs don't exist in music.

Great track from a great allround musician

top one Carlo

you hit the right spot as always, had some problems in balancing both mellotron & the organ and drums & percussions.

I wanted a bit of clash between drums and percs but I feel that the shakers are dominating way too much, and since their timing is quite messy, the result is "unfocused".

the end is very sudden, had a bit of disbelief in the theme-break-theme structure, from the beginning I thought it was a bad idea.
also had broken nerves for having made 7 minutes without much sequencing :lol: it just says, "aahh, now I need some rest, goodbye".

will try to work again on the mix tomorrow and during the week, this time.
glad you liked it, I can't make prog without feeling a pompous prick though at the same time I can't get rid of its influence.

anyway, I'm so damn happy about my new space.. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”