[Shoegazer] Fall's first kiss

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And what a bit of nonsense it is too. Not my usual genre at all. But you have to go where the mews leads, when you've got saturday to yourself.

Shoegazer 6.24MB 128kbps MP3

Fall's first kiss

it took me back to some really depressing autumns when that 80's sound was everywhere

It wasn't easy being a total poseur, in the eighties.

Nice song my man... Er, girl? ;) Definate MBV intro that could stood a few bends from Toby Bears Mad Shifta IMHO. But the rest of the music has a real nice flow to it bordering on MBV's cover of 'We All Have All The Time In The World' to a almost Cocteau Twins without the singer feel to it?

I just bought the 'Loveless' book, so I'm getting back into the 'shoegaze' vibe myself once again... Somewhat. ;)

Nicely done! 8)

shoegazer... hmmm. I have a cd case that says that but it has a cd my friend made in it.
Do not lick the fablanky

lookin at yer shoes ya know

I prefer 'boob-gazer' music myself. :hyper:

So if Pamela Lee got into 'shoe-gazing', wouldn't that be a oxymoron? The last time she probably ever saw her feet was when she was 12 and a half years old? And unless she's got eyes in the back of her head, she can't see them behind her ears when she's getting done by a 'rockstar of the month'? :roll:

Boob-gazing... I guess that's the same as 'Dance Hall'? :lol:

Steven West wrote:Nice song my man... Er, girl? ;)
Now you're asking for an extra special helping of whoopass there matey.

:hihi:

Coming from a aging 'poseur', oooh - I'm scared! :nutter:

:lol: Just joshing you HanafiH. Just when you put up that Mortal Coil cover so prominently... You never know? Maybe you were in the band at one point? You're music's good enough to not make me doubt it. ;)

Interesting enough :-)

Steven West wrote:Coming from a aging 'poseur', oooh - I'm scared! :nutter:

:lol: Just joshing you HanafiH. Just when you put up that Mortal Coil cover so prominently... You never know? Maybe you were in the band at one point? You're music's good enough to not make me doubt it. ;)
I was almost in a lot of things in the eighties, but never quite was. I'll say that I did recently meet an A&R man from those days, driving a London taxi. Sigh. I get to make whatever music I want now, and that's the biggest luxury any musician ever has.

Thanks for liking it more than I do. :D

Steven West wrote: :lol: Just joshing you HanafiH. Just when you put up that Mortal Coil cover so prominently... You never know? Maybe you were in the band at one point? You're music's good enough to not make me doubt it. ;)
Just as an aside, This Mortal Coil were never a band; almost all of the artists were on the 4AD roster, but the TMC stuff was 'studio-only' lineups using personnel from the various bands, under the guidance of Ivo Watts-Russel.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

HanafiH wrote:I'll say that I did recently meet an A&R man from those days, driving a London taxi.
heheheheheheheheheheh...

the strongest case yet for "intelligent design"?

:wink:

nice, Hanafih - I rarely get a chance to listen in the cafe.
Glad I picked this one :-)

This has something strangely magical about it. From a distance it seems it is made of unfitting instrument lines, yet when I delve in it and just let it flow it is catchy and drawing my attention; in a good way

Return to “Music Cafe”