Ambient Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track was a struggle as I moved through an inspirational dead spot. But I kept working it! I think it still has some rough spots, but it's starting to grow on me.

It'd be great to have some other ears listen in:

celMar soMar

7.6 MB
128 bit .mp3

Thanks!
Image Image

I know how difficult long ambient tunes can be to create as I have struggled with a couple of my own. I've only listened to this track a couple of times now but here goes..

The slow and quiet start is very deceptive as and I quite like the slow build up. The sounds you've created are especially hypnptic and the bass is very warm and soothing. To some not much happens until the drums comes in but I know that this is the general idea of ambient tunes. I wasn't sure of the drums at first, they seem okay...the hi-hats could maybe do with a little more sizzle. The pads who have used throught the track arr good but I would have maybe bought to fore in some parts of the track and maybe given them some more presence but that's just me. Like the start the ending is very long with a very slow fade out. Not sure if I like it or not, I maybe need a few more listens.

Overall a fine track that's not too over-produced.

Hi polyslax.
I like this...strong effort on your part!
Like all the elements,where you`ve placed them,and the time line.

The bass does need more then a bit of compression...going by my mackies.
The bass,afetr compression,may also benefit from some eq attenuation in the range that will make it less "boomy".

Other then that ..funky/with depth...nice one.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

telferfledge wrote:I know how difficult long ambient tunes can be to create
what?

I liked this very much. It's a very well made piece of music, but sounds a tad hollow in the midrange on my Events. I think there's a hot spike at around 1K that leads you to EQ the middle down a touch too severely. Perhaps a surgical EQ would give you a bit of room?

Well, I love everything going on here only I don't really care for the fake ending at 4:13. I mean, as an ending it would be fine but nothing really much new comes in afterwards. I'd rather that the densest part of the composition just go on a bit longer and then let it end . . . or just stop it at 4:13. It's a delicious track other than that.

I like this a lot. Just as your other tracks I should add.
No other comments as I'm not all that familiar with the genre. I just know that I'll keep it.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Thanks all for listening and for your nice comments and constructive criticisms.

A couple of comments:

1. I actually notched out some of the hi-hat sizzle as I was finding it distracting. Maybe went too far...

2. I did compress the bass, but maybe not enough. I found the sub bass part a bit difficult to handle, and I think this is the source of the boominess.

3. It's quite possible the mids are hollow, as I tend to get a bit over zealous with mid cuts. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks again for taking the time, much appreciated!
Image Image

An incredibly appealing track where personally I find it a bit too drummy somehow, but then I rarely use drums at all so that's more a personal thing.

PS; on your mid cuts; this should be done in such a way for other sounds to not clash and allow for specific frequencies that are important to create room for. Try a more subtle approach on the eq-cutting, I find that often just a small cut can do magical wonders to a mix. I guess I see eq-cutting as a huge challenge on every mix, but oh so rewarding when you find better mix settings. And always when I think I comprehend the whole mixing thing, I get proven differently.

Still a great process to grow in and yet another track of yours that sounds top; more please :)

enjoyed here, lots of swirlies and stuff in the background, some just barely autible but add to the mix,
a bit busy to call it ambient, maybe,
the mix is kinda flat till it gets going, not critiquing at all, I liked it,
peace.

Don't know enough about trance to give much in the way of advice. I enjoyed the groove, if that counts for anything. Not sure I was crazy about the beat stoppages in the middle and 3/4s of the way through, but what do I know.

Polyslax, you've just given me one hell of an idea. Thankyouthankyou. :D

Needless to say, I really enjoyed this track. It's my kind of music... nice and static... The synths felt a little too harsh, though. Roll off some of that treble and it'd be fine.

Return to “Music Cafe”