"I`ll think about it"-(eastern technofunk)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heh...posted this here over 1.5 yrs ago...ran across it today and thought i`d shake it up a bit.
6.33mb

PLAY IT LOUD!!!
http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... out_it.mp3
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hi annode,

First - be sure to tag your mp3 files, because I'll never find it again after this first listen. The mix is pretty solid on my crappy headphones. It settles right away to a straight groove (which I like), but it doesn't ever go away from that groove, so my attention wanders. I feel like it needs a bridge or a second groove that it can move to.

You do a nice job with 8th note layers. Consider mixing it up a bit though.
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

GeneralFuzz wrote:Hi annode,

First - be sure to tag your mp3 files, because I'll never find it again after this first listen. The mix is pretty solid on my crappy headphones. It settles right away to a straight groove (which I like), but it doesn't ever go away from that groove, so my attention wanders. I feel like it needs a bridge or a second groove that it can move to.

You do a nice job with 8th note layers. Consider mixing it up a bit though.
I`ll think about it...
Haha..just joking! You`ve made accurate points,I do agree.
I don`t plan to work on this ever again...at that time it worked for what I was after..experimenting with sound.

It`s not something i`d make someone listen to more then once...hehe
Thanx for admitting you`ve had a listen to this and admitting you have an opinion about it.
And thanx for the bump GeneralFuzz. : )

For some reason just seeing the title and I remembered having heard it back then and enjoyed it muchly.
Strangely though when downloading this I didn't find it in my folder of your tracks; maybe a title change?

Hearing this one now again I like what I'm hearing and it would definately be something I would have played in my DJ-era; This is deep, dark and funkey groovey

The voice is spot on but I think you'd need to either add more percussion to it to even liven up that funky groove more. Or more abrupt and quicker changes in sound which can (or I actually think should) get more energy. Maybe even adding glitch to it in the course of the track or run the percussive bits through some noise-scramblers. (PS listen to 'here come the hums' for instance. Maybe it is because at the moment I find that it's sounding great as it is, but somehow lacks in the excitement part.

Hmmmmmmmmmm; maybe a dubstahr remix one day

I'll think about it :hihi:

Hey there Mark!

I remember very well your reply to this mp3 when it was first posted.I remember you saying something about how the vocal sample timing falls behind a bit at one point and you suggested I do a bit of editing there...you were spot on..but never did it,,,never went back to this again.
You also said complementary remarks besides the constructive one above.

While just listening to some of my old shit,I ran across this ditty...and it supprized me to see what I was doing 1.5yrs ago compared to today.
Ya`know,it scared me too...I see how much time i`ve wasted from then till now...and how I haven`t gotten to the place I wanted to be about now.I do know why...it`s been how my illness has taken me away from having the creative patience and stamina to grow.
I`m feeling pretty ok now since my new med recently and hope to pick up my pace.
Don`t get this wrong...i`m not looking for support or sympathy...jeez no...don`t please!
It`s just that we all at points get stagnated,and I guess I wanted to use me as an example to point that out and say others are not alone.
---------------
All of your suggestions are correct and in perfect order Mark...but it`s time to move ahead for me! : )

no problem, do move on :)
I might knock on the door if I have some more time and have a go with it myself

Return to “Music Cafe”