DEVOID (Andrew Vernon Remix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DEVOID @ Audioshots

A remix of an amazing tune by Fudgedubnofunk. His profile can be found here.

I'm hoping to get some more offers for remixes, because I like to put new contexts onto people's work.

PM me if you want me to.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

"Please enter your username and password to log in."

Ain't got one, ain't planning to get one I'm afraid.

hey this is pretty cool! Loads of interesting sounds, certainly held my attention. Kept waiting for a groove to develope like around the two minute mark, but never did..which is ok. I'm on my second listen..

Armadillo wrote:"Please enter your username and password to log in."

Why are you afraid? It's your loss. Not only is this track on that forum, but so are thousands of other brilliant tracks.

If you loved music even half as much as I do, you'd register on every forum you could to get free music. If not... well you can't be much of a music lover.

Nice of you to drop by and mention in a promotion thread that you did not listen to the song.... valid contribution I must say. :roll:

Glad you liked it Bluedad!!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Armadillo wrote:"Please enter your username and password to log in."

Maybe you prefer the pop-up ad laden hell type sites, maybe you just cannot be arsed to say anything worthwhile.

Any other examples of grotty people – please post here for everyone to see.
And maybe I will put my comments about you ‘thenumber23’ right here in this thread along with the retarded Armadillo. I get super pissed off reading examples of your kind of mentality. Why even bother posting if you have no intention what-so-ever of listening to music. In my opinion the only reason you posted here was to antagonise and aggravate – maybe even hurt those that take the time to share their music and art with people like ‘you’

And they must think ‘Like I do much more lately’

Why the f**k bother if this is the kind of mentality that is such abundance it seems – yep! Two grotty examples of human nature on the net ‘ thenumber23’ and ‘Armadillo’;

Andrew – sorry you are confronted in this way by people like this. It will get to a point where they won't have the benift of choice in the future - it will be made into an invertation only site for music lovers.

bluedad wrote:hey this is pretty cool! Loads of interesting sounds, certainly held my attention. Kept waiting for a groove to develope like around the two minute mark, but never did..which is ok. I'm on my second listen..
BlueDad, thank you for taking the time to listen and comment on the track – much appreciated not only by me but I am sure those you enrich with the comments you leave – it can only encourage and nurture future growth imo.

Best regards,

Peter

There are plenty of reasons people don't like going to sites where they have to register to get access. And plenty of people avoid registration-based sites.

Acting like a dick because they tell you that they dont want to do that kind of thing because you want listens, or you want more members, or whatever doesnt help anything, nor will it change their minds.

Especially when you dont even consider why they might not want to register, you just lay into them from the get-go.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Especially when you dont even consider why they might not want to register, you just lay into them from the get-go.
Rabbit - you are a dick for sure - you cannot wait to 'hop' on a thread that I comment in at times - I dont give two hoots what you think to be honest ;)

Spe3d - Out

No, Peter, you're just a sulky little brat who wants everyone to be grateful because you put up a music site, and who throws strops every time someone doesnt respond to that the way you want them to.

The fact that you go totally over the top because someone doesnt want to register with your site just underlines that.

Its a pleasure to be called a dick by someone as repeatedly infantile and self-serving as you; it just proves my position is a reasonable one.

As far as the track goes, I can't comment on things because it's really not my style.

As far as registering for Audioshots/Auditorium goes: I can only advice anybody @ KVR doing so. No spam (and I mean *no* spam), superb service and great options, such as sharing tracks, samples and whatever with ease.

Let's face it, there's almost no "free" services allowing for direct MP3 linking anymore. Those left are things such as yousendit and the likes - most of them are pretty much unreliable, whereas the Auditorium has never been. Just until recently, when some dickheads apparently did something to spoil the (until tben) entirely free fun. From how I understood things, that was the very reason for Peter to make it available to registered users only.

Anyways, I highly recommend registering - not only will you find some great tunes, friendly members and proper comments, no there's also some truly great samples and sampler patches posted there.

JM2C,
Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:Just until recently, when some dickheads apparently did something to spoil the (until tben) entirely free fun. From how I understood things, that was the very reason for Peter to make it available to registered users only.
As far as I undersatand, the forums were very recently made available only to members. The restriction on being required to be a member to download MP3's et.c. has been there much longer.

And yes, it is a site with a lot to commend it. However its a shame that the attitude is to attack someone as a despicable person for pointing out that they do not want to register there.

If someone said 'get me on MSN', and you said, 'I dont use MSN' would you find it acceptable if Microsoft started berating you for being 'a grotty person' for saying that?

Its a crass attitude.

Thanks for saying something Peter.

Y'know? People can say whatever the f**k they want about my music, I don't care. If you don't like it, fine, if you do like it, then that's great!

What pissed me off is that the Armadildo guy commented on something he didn't listen to, because he saw a chance for him to take some bizzare moral stance.

Look... you registered for KVR to post in threads... why can't people register to listen to music as well? It boggle the mind! More to the point, why couldn't Armadildo just ignore the thread like everyone else!!!

whyterabbyt wrote:
Sascha Franck wrote:Just until recently, when some dickheads apparently did something to spoil the (until tben) entirely free fun. From how I understood things, that was the very reason for Peter to make it available to registered users only.
As far as I undersatand, the forums were very recently made available only to members. The restriction on being required to be a member to download MP3's et.c. has been there much longer.

And yes, it is a site with a lot to commend it. However its a shame that the attitude is to attack someone as a despicable person for pointing out that they do not want to register there.

If someone said 'get me on MSN', and you said, 'I dont use MSN' would you find it acceptable if Microsoft started berating you for being 'a grotty person' for saying that?

Its a crass attitude.
No one criticised him for not wanting to register. They criticised him for commented when he should have just ignored it.

whyterabbyt wrote: As far as I undersatand, the forums were very recently made available only to members. The restriction on being required to be a member to download MP3's et.c. has been there much longer.
No, you could even upload without registering until recently.
Registering was only required for the large sample sets.
Hey come on... let's give it to Peter that perhaps he's got a bad day or whatever. Everybody has, every now and then, no? And I've certainly seen way more rude posts than his at KVR.
I mean, he even considered the Auditorium to entirely be closed, just to see that now that he re-opened it people are instantly blaming him for an excellent free service which would take nothing but 1 minute of your time to enjoy.
Well, dunno. But it's not comparable anyways, as MSN would require an additional program to run at all, whereas Audioshots doesn't.

And hey, I prefer someone getting a bit grumpy at times a lot over those dickheads at Sony. I once registered for Acidplanet because I actually wanted to download some tunes rather than only streaming then but somehow managed to lose my login details. So I requested a new password several times but never managed to get one at all. Yet they keep on spamming me with their ads for new media libraries, new ACID or VEGAS versions and the likes (so my mail adress seems to be correct).
I'm sure sorting such a thing out with Peter would take me like an hour or so.
Its a crass attitude.
Maybe. Maybe not. By KVR standards it seems to be rather mellow toned...
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Andrew Vernon wrote: Y'know? People can say whatever the fcuk they want about my music, I don't care. If you don't like it, fine, if you do like it, then that's great!
Surely, though, if you want people to listen to it, you want to make it easy for them to listen to it.
What pissed me off is that the Armadildo guy commented on something he didn't listen to, because he saw a chance for him to take some bizzare moral stance.

Did he? What was a 'moral stance' about it. He informed you that he didnt want to have to register to listen to it. Why does that piss you off when you want an audience?

Doesnt his statement tell you why you're missing a potential audience?

Since when was it about what your audience had to do to suit you?

If I create a piece of music and wrap it up as a Mac executable with some flash video burbles, should I be berating you when you say 'I dont want to buy a Mac just to see that'?
Look... you registered for KVR to post in threads... why can't people register to listen to music as well?
Conversely, why should they? I can read KVR without being logged in, I can download music from other people without needing any registration process, people can download my music without having to register anything.

To be clear, this is not any kind of attack on you, or your choice. But are you looking for people to listen, or not? If so, why not reduce the number of hoops they have to go through?

Return to “Music Cafe”