DEVOID (Andrew Vernon Remix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sascha Franck wrote: Maybe. Maybe not. By KVR standards it seems to be rather mellow toned...
hehehe. maybe you're right.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I like the direct download and took on board what people were demanding,and I have also stopped acting like a bear with a sore head when things go wrong on this forum.Difficult with the written word in electronic form,as it can come across so harshly,when nuances of body language tone delivery in real time are lost.If you write down some of the things you say bullshitting with your mates late at night and e-mail it,people are going to be seriously offended.So sorry about that,cringe.Perhaps there is hope yet.
Link below requires no registration process,which I am pleased about,a very small step when there really is so much to master.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Surely, though, if you want people to listen to it, you want to make it easy for them to listen to it.
I've made it as easy as I can. C'mon, it really is not hard to click an extra few times. IF you want to listen to the music, why would an extra two clicks prevent you? I think it's Laziness. People on other forums have no problem. I post over at Reasonstation, people have no problem clicking extra links. They even prefer it.
Doesnt his statement tell you why you're missing a potential audience?
Well yes it does, but there is nothing I can do about that. I can only just afford to upgrade my Electromancer status. I can not afford to have my own webspace with a large amount of bandwidth.
Since when was it about what your audience had to do to suit you?
It never was. You're putting words in my mouth.
If I create a piece of music and wrap it up as a Mac executable with some flash video burbles, should I be berating you when you say 'I dont want to buy a Mac just to see that'?
Blowing things out of proportion and sticking to Machiavellian comparisons isn't going to work Mr. Rabbit. There are degree's of everything, and you're comparing a level 1 Earthquake with a level 11 Earthquake.
Conversely, why should they? I can read KVR without being logged in, I can download music from other people without needing any registration process, people can download my music without having to register anything.
Why should you? If one takes a look at someone else's promotion thread, then perhaps it isn't unfounded to assume that they are interested.

So it follows if they ARE interested in listening to the music, and all it took was a mouse click, that they would in fact click the mouse, download the piece, and perhaps leave a comment.

If you can't follow that... then I really don't know how to make it clearer. If you don't want to click the link, then don't.... if you don't download the piece... then don't comment... if you don't follow the hyperlink... then don't start spouting gas at people for not using direct links.

Let me say that it is not impossible to direct link from Audioshots. It's very possible. But Peter has rules about that, and why shouldn't he? I'm being respectful of his rules.

Why couldn't Armadillo and the other guy? Why can't you?
To be clear, this is not any kind of attack on you, or your choice. But are you looking for people to listen, or not? If so, why not reduce the number of hoops they have to go through?
I understand. But is it just a coincidence that ever since the good ol' OGG debate/flame war we had a while ago, you've repeatedly antagonised me? You didn't even need to come into this thread. But you did because you felt you just had to say something to Peter. Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying you should stay out, that's not my place. I just would've assumed that if you previously knew that I didn't use direct links, and you didn't want to follow them, then why come into a thread I create?

I've reduced the amount of hoops down to the minimum. I can't do anything more on that. I don't use Zed anymore because you have to go to TWO pages. I don't use Acid Planet because they don't let you download. I don't use IUMA because it sucks ass. I use Audioshots and now Electromancer (now that I've upgraded my account).

Nothing more I can do.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Andrew Vernon wrote:

I've made it as easy as I can. C'mon, it really is not hard to click an extra few times. IF you want to listen to the music, why would an extra two clicks prevent you? I think it's Laziness. People on other forums have no problem. I post over at Reasonstation, people have no problem clicking extra links. They even prefer it.
You say its 'easy'. I say its 'too inconvenient for some people'. You think its 'laziness'. I dont necessarily.
Well yes it does, but there is nothing I can do about that. I can only just afford to upgrade my Electromancer status. I can not afford to have my own webspace with a large amount of bandwidth.
It never was. You're putting words in my mouth.
I wasn't. The 'you' in question was generic, as in 'one', not specific.
Blowing things out of proportion and sticking to Machiavellian comparisons isn't going to work Mr. Rabbit. There are degree's of everything, and you're comparing a level 1 Earthquake with a level 11 Earthquake.
Machiavellian comparisons? Gee, I just thought it was an amusing hyperbole.
Why should you? If one takes a look at someone else's promotion thread, then perhaps it isn't unfounded to assume that they are interested.
But it is unknown as to how much their 'interest' will endure to get that track.
So it follows if they ARE interested in listening to the music, and all it took was a mouse click, that they would in fact click the mouse, download the piece, and perhaps leave a comment.
For me its a mouse click, my username, my password, another mouseclick, a couple of 'go back a page' clicks in the browser cos the site doesnt properly take me to the link after getting logged in, and then finally a last mouseclick to get the download.

If you can't follow that... then I really don't know how to make it clearer. If you don't want to click the link, then don't....
I wont.
if you don't download the piece... then don't comment...
I'll comment if I damn well please.
if you don't follow the hyperlink... then don't start spouting gas at people for not using direct links.
Like you're always 'spouting gas' because you don't get the listens you want? Grow the hell up, Andrew. Stop whining, and learn to deal with the fact that people are telling you why the things are happening that you keep complaining about.

Dont bury your head in the sand, and blame them for explaining it to you.
Let me say that it is not impossible to direct link from Audioshots. It's very possible. But Peter has rules about that, and why shouldn't he? I'm being respectful of his rules.

Why couldn't Armadillo and the other guy? Why can't you?
How exactly was anyone 'direspectful' of his rules? By saying they didnt want to join?

Did we break those rules, then, by not joining? He certainly acted as though we did. Are we just blithely supposed to nod our heads and go 'yeah uhuh' when its required that we do something we dont want to?
I understand. But is it just a coincidence that ever since the good ol' OGG debate/flame war we had a while ago, you've repeatedly antagonised me?
What utter bollocks. In that time I think Ive responded to you in one single thread, where I was trying to give you a reasonable explanation of something you were slagging off 'people round here' for.
You getting 'antagonised' because you can't deal with someone politely disagreeing with you when you start getting snide at everyone around you is petulance. Nothing else.

You didn't even need to come into this thread. But you did because you felt you just had to say something to Peter.
No, I didnt. Please dont make up lies about why I did or did not do specific things, there's a good chap.
Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying you should stay out, that's not my place. I just would've assumed that if you previously knew that I didn't use direct links, and you didn't want to follow them, then why come into a thread I create?
Because I look for music I might be interested in, and I dont memorise who does and does not use direct links.

And by the way, I didnt at any point say I wasn't going to follow those links. Don't put words in my mouth, huh?
I've reduced the amount of hoops down to the minimum. I can't do anything more on that. I don't use Zed anymore because you have to go to TWO pages. I don't use Acid Planet because they don't let you download. I don't use IUMA because it sucks ass. I use Audioshots and now Electromancer (now that I've upgraded my account).

Nothing more I can do.
That in itself is fair enough. Im not asking, or expecting you to do anything else.

What I am doing is pointing out that there's no need to jump on someone because they let you know that what you've chosen to do doesn't suit their preference.
And that I thought that Peter's response was totally unwarranted.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote:
What I am doing is pointing out that there's no need to jump on someone because they let you know that what you've chosen to do doesn't suit their preference.
And that I thought that Peter's response was totally unwarranted.
I am not the one with

‘Beware the quoth’ – under his user name :hihi:

You think you have earn the right to tell me the difference between ‘right’ n ‘wrong’

I say ‘you grow the hell up’

For someone as intelligent as you – you sure learn slow Rabbit

Best regards,

Peter

I'm going to sit out on the bickering and just comment on the track.

Nice deep arrangements - really careful placement of sounds in space. I appreciate the fact that it threatens to grow a heavy beat but never does - keeps things just tense enough. Well done.

Spe3D wrote: I am not the one with

‘Beware the quoth’ – under his user name :hihi:
Well spotted. It turned up just after someone who ought to know better decided he knew exactly what a whole bunch of other people ought to be doing, on the grounds of whatever false authority he was claiming that day, probably to do with awards, and I happened to disagree with him.

Want to explain how its in any way relevant at all?

Oh yeah; its not.
You think you have earn the right to tell me the difference between ‘right’ n ‘wrong’
I think Ive got the right to express my opinion here.

Of course, Im generally defending people and their choices, and you're generally attacking them, but that's probably because Im not quite as arrogantly misanthropic as you.
I say ‘you grow the hell up’
I say that thats highly ironic.
For someone as intelligent as you – you sure learn slow Rabbit
No, I just dont change my behaviour to suit the preferences of the assholes and trolls. 'Learning' isnt the process of agreeing with every bad-tempered little child that throws a strop on KVR

whyterabbyt wrote:
No, I just dont change my behaviour to suit the preferences of the assholes and trolls. 'Learning' isnt the process of agreeing with every bad-tempered little child that throws a strop on KVR
Ahhhhh! Poor Rabbit :cry: – Your strops are way more melodramatic :D – heck you even left not that long ago in a mini tantrum if I remember rightly – what was that all about? as you do love to slip the thread off in all sorts of tangents to suite your ill behaviour :-o :lol:

Rab.. the Reason I'm having this debate is because I myself don't comment when someone posts a link to another link to another link to another link .... I just don't download the track.

I also don't go into the thread calling them names because they didn't fit what I - the audience - wanted.

People did that to me. Hence my response. I think Peter is completely valid in defending himself against arrogant tossers like Armadildo who expect everything to be handed to them.

I have no problem with you, but it seems you think I should do things how you want them for listens... I see it that if you want to listen, you'll do it my way. If not, then fair enough... no harm done.

Of course I want listens, and I've made it the easiest way I can. I can't do anymore than that. I don't have to put up with people treating me like shit though because I didn't fit into their silver spoon image of what music on the internet should be.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Spe3D wrote:
Ahhhhh! Poor Rabbit
No, not really.
Your strops are way more melodramatic
If you say so, Mr 'Im going to shut down my whole forum because of one system crash and because everyone is so evil'
heck you even left not that long ago in a mini tantrum if I remember rightly – what was that all about?
Yes, I did actually predict that some people would call it that before I took some time out.
Not that there's a likelihood that you'll accept the facts, but what it was 'all about' was that I got tired of dealing with assholes who were doing nothing more than looking to slag people off for no viable reason. So I took a break for a while to chill out.

Funnily enough most of those who took advantage of it, then, and since, to call it a tantrum, were exactly the same assholes who typically have nothing more to do here than slag off other people. Funny that.
as you do love to slip the thread off in all sorts of tangents to suite your ill behaviour
Of course. To someone who loves to do nothing more than bitch about how terrible people are, pointing out that that's childish and unreasonable must seem 'ill behaviour' indeed.

whyterabbyt wrote:

Funnily enough most of those who took advantage of it, then, and since, to call it a tantrum, were exactly the same assholes who typically have nothing more to do here than slag off other people. Funny that.
So to make this clear – this paragraph represents your opinion – that the only reason I am at K-v-R is to slag other people off? Is this right?

Also – do keep in mind you actually look and spend most of your time looking for tit-for-tat arguments – you need to ask yourself ‘what does this behaviour say about me?’

Andrew Vernon wrote:
I have no problem with you, but it seems you think I should do things how you want them for listens... I see it that if you want to listen, you'll do it my way. If not, then fair enough... no harm done.
Please tell me where I say you think you should do it a specific way. All I'm doing is trying to explain what I think is the result of what you are doing, and stating that I think its a massive overreaction to start getting abusive when someone confirms that result.
Of course I want listens, and I've made it the easiest way I can. I can't do anymore than that. I don't have to put up with people treating me like shit though because I didn't fit into their silver spoon image of what music on the internet should be.
I dont quite see how someone saying "I'm not going to listen if I have to register with another site" is treating you 'like shit'.
Nor do I see how its acceptable to start treating someone like shit for merely saying "I'm not going to listen if I have to register with another site"

Maybe treating me like shit is the wrong phrase. What I meant is that coming into a thread simply to say "I'm not going to register to listen to it" is not very helpful to anyone.

Spe3D wrote:
So to make this clear – this paragraph represents your opinion
Correct.
– that the only reason I am at K-v-R is to slag other people off?
I have no idea, you'd have to tell me if that's your reason.
Is this right?
That's what Im asking.
Also – do keep in mind you actually look and spend most of your time looking for tit-for-tat arguments
Ummm, no, I dont. Obviously you have a real problem with facts, though. I'll give you a clue; any crap you make up on the spot in an attempt to make a dumb ad hominem attack generally isnt one.
– you need to ask yourself ‘what does this behaviour say about me?’
It says "I have an overdeveloped sense of social justice and refuse to accede KVR to assholes and trolls"

whyterabbyt wrote:
It says "I have an overdeveloped sense of social justice and refuse to accede KVR to assholes and trolls"
It says you have same pretty messed up internal issues and beliefs imo.

You are at home on the net clearly :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”