Unfinished stuff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I've been working on putting a solo project of some of my songs together, mostly to see how far I could get using just the keys I play.

I think I'm making some decent progress but could use some feedback to see what directions I should go in now.

Anyhow, I have some stuff up at:

http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/ban ... o_Live.php

Since I wouldn't everyone to listen to everything, here's a run down of what the songs are at this point, so listen to whatcha like...

Sky is Falling - produced popish song with acoustic piano, and "real instrument sounds" I'm specifically interested in ideas for the drum programming, and whether the vocals are working, especially on the bridge with the processing.

Coming to Terms with the Rain - Electronic Ballad, done almost entirely on a juno-106, is there enough depth to the sound, do the drums work?

I-95 - Electro indie pop? do the changes make sense, how can I improve the reverse piano break, does it work?

Words - acoustic piano and voice - general mix, changes to the vocals? Any other suggestions.

Thanks to anyone with any thoughts... cheers.

I like "sky is falling" a lot. The guitar is cool, all of the vocals sound great (including the processed bridge. One problem, in my opinion, is the bass. I really do not like the bassline at all. It sounds very jumpy and synthesized. I really love the second chorus! Harmonies are wonderful! The instrumental solo right after the second chorus is a little strange, in my opinion. I would just have it go straight to the bridge after the second chorus. Over all, fantastic song!

'Coming to terms with the rain' and 'I-95' aren't my kind of style, so i'm not going to comment on them, but i like "Words". I like it when the strings first come in. It seems like the vocals suddenly get louder after the first chorus? Don't know if it's intentional, but sounds a little strange. On the whole, its a very nice, relaxing song. Nice job on both of them.

Hey dasjambo, thanks for the feedback, I'm actually reworking the bass, I think I got carried away wanting it to groove, and it just ended up being a counterintuitive mess... I think I'm going to go with a simpler line instead. Thanks again.

Return to “Music Cafe”