Errrmmm... Synthpop!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I've spent far too many hours with this one.

Synthpop with guitar and vocals. I've never added vocals to a track, so hopefully they fit alright within the mix. Not fun at all that...

Any comments on the overall production would be most welcomed. I've already spent so much time on this one, what's another 20 hours?

Cheers.

Crawl - v2

this made me happy... well done dude. The vox fit nicely... I wish there were more, you're pushing on towards postalserviceness ... but very nice. it goes to a lot of nice places.

nice..vocal, what little bit there is (what a tease!) could come up just a little. guitar was a little too loud, or maybe just panned extreme..for my taste that is. Really liked the arp bit around 4:30, would have liked to hear a guitar fingerpicked at that point. and funny thing, I heard this high pitched sound right on key it fit right in. It faded out, then came right back in the last second; I thought it sounded good, would have liked a solo done with that sound. but you held it out too long..ok, I check winamp and the tune is finished but the sound is still going. uh-oh, we're under a tornado watch and that was warning siren. :oops:

Hey! Thanks for the quick replies!

Heh, yeah, I'd have liked to add more vocals, but damn that was tedious! :zzz:

Bluedad: Yeah, the guitar could be softened out a little. I'll do that (I guess as a guitarist, I always want the guitar bits to rule the roost!) :wink: Should be easy to fix though!

Cheers.

I, as a total amateur in guitar playing (I play the keys better), still loved the guitar level pretty much. Vox at the beginning has too much FX for my taste, after that it gets better. Interesting "distorted (?)" drums :) Overally its great, to me it has an ambiental feeling which I like.
Music is art, not a product!
Child of Chaos - music page

The track sounds good to me, I'm no expert at mastering, mind you. Good songwriting overall, it kept my attention throughout. My only objection would be: is it a song or 2? At 2:30 or so there seems to be a change in tempo that I found a little disconcerting. I would try to keep a more consistent feel. Also, the outro that starts at 4:00 or so breaks the flow a little, in my opinion.

Good singing BTW, it really makes the track. The synth sounds are very nice too. What synths are you using in this song?

Hey, thanks for the comments again. I am glad that the post-production stuff seems to sound alright.

Hernan: Well, it is essentially one song with a few ideas stitched together. The tempo stays at a constant 130, but the drums are dropped to half-time for the second half of the track. Hopefully the changes in the track aren't too off-setting... If there is one thing I really can't stand, it's when a track loops the same 8 measures over-and-over-and-over for 5 minutes before moving on to the next phrase.

SYNTHS: Minimonsta, Superwave P8
EVERYTHING ELSE: Mostly instruments from EastWest Colossus.

advaya wrote:Bluedad: Yeah, the guitar could be softened out a little. I'll do that
Bite your tongue. :wink:

Seriously. Good track. I got into it when the sequenced patch showed up front.

Return to “Music Cafe”