Skin Tingle -- Pop/R&B/Torch/Fusion thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, so I'm not sure of the genre here. It's kind of Pop/R&B/Trance/Torch/Fusion/Blues. A huge thanks to my better half for providing the vocals.

Skin Tingle
160kbps 44.1KHz 5.34MB 4.33 minutes

Migal wrote:Okay, so I'm not sure of the genre here.
Neither am I, but this is damn fine. Great stuff................ :D
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Thanks, Ian. :)

Hi Migal. Fine tune. Like the feel of the song.Though I kinda expected a bridge somewhere in the middle to create some more suspense. But don't mind me I've always got suggestions.Like your guitar playing. 21 th century blues.

Martin

I'd probably classify it under Trip Hop I think. Sounds a bit Portishead/Massive attack-ish.
Quite a nice and chilled tune. Love the vocals, probably cause I rarely hear female vocals around here. Drums could use some more compression. Synth sounds can get a bit too upfront here and there. Overall pretty good though.

I agree with all of the above. sounds pretty slick.

What reverb do you use on the vocal?

(had to comment as my name is mentioned)

Martin E wrote:I kinda expected a bridge somewhere in the middle to create some more suspense. But don't mind me I've always got suggestions.
The thought occurred to me, but I'm always paranoid about messing with the groove of a walking bass line. I'm thinking about a couple ideas that might work, though.
Martin E wrote:Like your guitar playing. 21 th century blues.
I greatly appreciate the compliment. Yes, the pentatonic scale is my friend. :wink:
Armadillo wrote:Love the vocals, probably cause I rarely hear female vocals around here.
Yes! And I can't sing, so I couldn't do a male vocal anyway. I solved the problem by running a classified ad: Wanted -- Next wife. Qualifications should include; smart, funny and attractive. Former experience as a choir soloist and club singer a bonus.

Just kidding.

Mostly. :D
Mr. Tingle wrote:What reverb do you use on the vocal?
It's the Cubase Reverb B default set at 8% wet as an insert into the stereo group channel the mono vocal track feeds. I compressed the signal with outboard hardware prior to it getting to Cubase, then gated the vocal channel/track, then fed the group channel where the reverb was.

Thanks to all of you for the comments. I sometimes have suspicions about the music I'm doing and when one of you mentions the same thing, I figure my suspicions may have been right.

Return to “Music Cafe”