Bangin' techno. 155 Bpm.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a lot of advice on my last track from you guys, so here is another. Its quite a bit different then my other song. Its about 90% complete, but that figure depends on what kind of ideas you have.

I'm actually really pleased with how this one has turned out. Tons of energy and lots of frenetic percussion.

http://1colin.com/music/mp3/Shire.mp3

I was getting a program error (FL studio) which seemed to be caused from Delta Filter. I had to stop using it and went with BetaBug Crayon. Anyone else had a problem with Delta Filter?

Please listen to the "waveform transmission" albums if you wanna do think kind of thing the right way.

Sounds good, I'm not an expert on the genre of course...

Has a good beat overall... very danceable. Some nit-picking: the bass that starts at 00:25 or so sounds like it's tuned differently than the kick drum(s). It broke the flow a little for me. Maybe tuning the kick would help?

Also the scratchy string sound that starts at 1:25 or so (also featured at the end of the song) seems to be slightly out of sync with the song... I can't put my finger on it.

Overall a good song, sounds very professional. Keep at it!

Hernan wrote:Overall a good song, sounds very professional. Keep at it!
Hahaha, nice one !

easymode wrote:Please listen to the "waveform transmission" albums if you wanna do think kind of thing the right way.
Thanks for listening.

Sorry, but that old stuff is well.... boring.
Thats like telling Slipknot (modern band/modern sound) to listen to The Beatles (old band/old sound) to see how to do that "kind of thing the right way." Two totally different bands going for two totally different sounds.

Times have changed.
Tastes have changed.

Move on.

I like the composition, but I'm not too crazy about the drum kick setup or the use of the 303s. I think the 303s have been well OVER used already. I recommend you take a look at Sonic Charge - µTonic, nice techno percussion. Unless you are using Reason which then you are f*cked. Anyways good job.

I think you did a good job creating many of the elements involved in producing a believable tecno architecture.

You have added some evolving poly-rhythms that sound good.
If you can go the extra mile with it..like creating more rhythmic details and adding and replacing sounds and rhythmic evolutions...that,I believe really puts your signiture to it.

It`s a matter of how fast you work over the patience you can sustain with one project.

Good work though...keep at it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

easymode wrote:Please listen to the "waveform transmission" albums if you wanna do think kind of thing the right way.
bump ;)

not sure which direction your track goes, but for the hard stuff it's way too kinky. doesn't convince me much at all. i'd rather go back and spin life cycle or dna again.
aka rktic. demoscener, sound designer, ux-dude, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

prizo wrote:Times have changed.
Tastes have changed.

Move on.
I can see where you are coming from prizo but your comments fall down because your track doesn't sound that fresh, it actually sounds quite dated. The "trance" kicks, "techno" percussion, the "acid" sound, the repetitive looping etc. Don't get me wrong it does sound quite good but it sounds like it was made in the nineties, like a Ramirez remix of one of Hardfloor's records (btw I love Hardfloor! ;) ).

Your production needs tweaking, the kick is too generic and gets buried at times. Perhaps try a slightly less "Trance Kick" sound, something a bit more gutsy, maybe with a touch of distortion to get it to bite through the mix. Also, the acid synth is too loud at times and overpowers the mix, it almost sounds as though it was added later over the top of everything else. Maybe try compressing it a little so the level doesn't change quite so much and sits a little better within the mix.

It gets very messy in the mid section with too many sounds making it all go a bit mushy. This might also be because the mix is generally missing high frequencies, making the hihat/cymbals sound indistinct once the track gets going (that could be down to the mp3 encoding). Some crisp high end excitement would really set the track off.

hope that helps! :)

i like it but it has too many chord changes, try making it pedal over and over on one chord and make things loop more, make it 255 bpm too imho.

Thanks ezee... helpful review. I agree the 303 is too loud.

toapz - I think I'll make it 515 bpm.

I think Fruity Loops goes to 515bpm :wink:
prizo wrote:Thanks ezee... helpful review. I agree the 303 is too loud.

toapz - I think I'll make it 515 bpm.

prizo wrote: Sorry, but that old stuff is well.... boring.
sorry i don't agree with you - this old stuff can still be very exciting!

But i listend your track - this is really boring.
Crappy sounds, bad mastering, don't call this banging - it isn't at all. At all very uninspired - this is the main difference to that old stuff. Sorry I have to say that. I'm not praising crappy tunes just to be nice to some beginners.

Trust me... its boring.
It hasnt progressed in 2 decades... 909, 808 and a 303.
I am no "beginner"... I've had vinyl records out since 1993.

But I do semi-appreciate your review.. but its doesnt really say much.

prizo wrote:Trust me... its boring.
It hasnt progressed in 2 decades... 909, 808 and a 303.
I am no "beginner"... I've had vinyl records out since 1993.

But I do semi-appreciate your review.. but its doesnt really say much.
ok but your track sounds like u are

everything about ur track was said by ezeeboogi

Return to “Music Cafe”