Back with some metal, now with Vocals!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sound Click Page with song

You have to use the stream because it wont allow downloads until 24hrs or so.

It is about 3mb, and is encoded as a mp3 128Kbps.

This project I have going is called Strike the Assassins, and this tune is called awaken me... Sorry for the lack of direct links, but our page is still in the works so I just use soundclick since it is free.

I've posted stuff on these boards before but now I finally have a singer for the music I've been working on. Let me know what you think.

Reminds me a lot of Black Label Society...

Not bad.

Sounds very good... did you use an amp sim plug, and which one?
What 'kind' of guitar distortion are you going for? Its got a more solid state sound. Personally my favorite is a tube sound which seems to have a warmer less 'fuzzy' tone. Either way yours sound very good though.

The only thing that bugged me was that the kick drum is too boomy, and it sounds like 1 sample instead of a variety of samples, especially during the double bass parts.

I use a POD XT Pro for my guitar processor. I personally like the sound on the distortion, I think it fits well with the tunes.

I used my Line6 AX2 for DI recording metal guitars as well.

Have you tried Amplitube?
It absolutely rocks. Best amp sim out there IMO.
Last edited by prizo on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOL, sounds a bit like SOAD

Pretty good heavy tune.
You captured the feel and sound pretty well i think.
Nice Production too. Singing sounds right for the tune. I liked it. Then again i can listen to anything from Opera to Metal ;-)

Nice Work.
Paul

Thanks for the kind words. I actually had amplitude at one point, but never opened it so I sold it off. I am going to wait and see what they do with amplitude 2, and also the bass version.

I'm not familier with SOAD.

I couldnt find that specific track. But i love the snare tone in atomic sunrise.. What type of snare/mic/preamp to you use.. How bout the miking position? It is sampled?
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Btw SOAD = System Of A Down an armenian "neo heavy metal" group

The drums are Drumkits for hell superior, so it is whatever mics they used to sample their drums.

The download version of the song is now available.

Return to “Music Cafe”