This Ship is Sinking

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This song is slow and moody. Do you like slow and moody? Do you like this song?

Spend a few minutes giving it a listen? You might just not hate it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=2458782

Turn on your pop up blockers and stream the hi-fi without registering. Hope this tune sounds good to someone's ears.

fjell
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

Lovely, I like the melody, the vocal tone, the piano, strings etc. I guess the only thing I find slightly jarring is the drum track, mainly the snare sound. Don't know if it's too loud, too clicky or what? Also liked the guitar but thought there was maybe too much string noise, found it distracting.

Anyhow, beautiful piece of work, congratulations!
Image Image

Very nice, fjell_strom!

Some sounds..some music..sometimes just a synth pad or chord puts me in mood that I don't have a name for. Sort of a "reflective wishing" or a longing for the past.

This piece gave me that feeling. I can't decide whether to use the smile or the cry emoticon.

I'm with polyslax regarding the drum track. I didn't find it jarring or too loud, it just seemed to distract from the mood you've created . . perhaps a bit to repetitive. I feel that some soft percussion, maybe a light shaker (?) might suit it better.

I'd also be curious to here the piece without any drums at all. Just the music and your voice.

All the same, I like this very much. :D

Well done!!!
... but I think that is not so elektro/experimental ;)
I like it :)
Less is more!

agree with the above :)
i like it but drums could be better or as lp says removed ;)

Fellas, thanks for all the kind words. I always liked this song, too, but never posted it although it has been finished and burned down for months. I don't have the source files anymore and alas, it cannot be altered anymore re: take out the drums. Just have to take this one on the chin. Bollix. Best of luck in all your respective endeavors.

fjell
Songs

thanks for posting this, fjell, I really enjoyed it, well worth the listen :)

and yes, I do like slow and moody sometimes, e.g. American Music Club
5 twelve

I'll horse out one unabashed bump for perhaps those who don't haunt KVR weekends. Then let this ship perhaps sink out sight into the archives.
Songs

Lovely song, has a haunting quality, without "Kitsch" which is a fine thing. Only thing (well everyone likes something else...) I'd change is to keep the voice in the front like it is, but set the whole instruments you took "around your voice" a tad louder. But that's just me, I like strong voices (and you have a very fine voice, you know that), well, WITH the "environment" a tad louder.
But most probably most people like it just as it is. Very nice song. Anyone who likes this genre, I think, will like this. Nice ending too. I'll keep this, thanks for sharing!

A personal comment: after some night in a pub or some beer you could sing some R.E.M-type songs for me :D. I especially think of "I'll take the rain" from the "reveal" album, and the haunting but rather unknown slow "falls to climb" from the "UP"-album... Your voice reminded me of M.Stipe a little.

It's funny that the UP album had something like a cameo in my life. I'd never been into REM apart from some singles and then was lent the album one day in Norway by my flatmate as I set out to hike the nearest mountain lurking above the town beside Ålesunds fjord: Sukkertoppen. The entire climb I listened to UP on repeat and at the end of the day I ejected it from the cd player and never heard it again but have never forgotten some of the sounds. Voila.

Very glad you mentioned the ending because when I wrote it I fell in love with it for the miniscule part it plays to take this song down.
Songs

I thought that this was gonna be a fun thread about the Bush administration. :(

yes i do like slow and moody fjell, and yes i really do like this! nice job!

Return to “Music Cafe”