etherine - here but not

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://etherine.com/etherine_herebutnot.mp3

prog rock meets ambient meets shoegaze....

evolver, nord G2, FS1r, 12 string acoustic and a mess of delay :D

endmusik wrote:http://etherine.com/etherine_herebutnot.mp3

prog rock meets ambient meets shoegaze....

evolver, nord G2, FS1r, 12 string acoustic and a mess of delay :D
This is fantastic. Nice mellow intro...dreamy. I like the driving beat and great build....takes a breath at around 2:15 and grabs us again at 2:55. Masterfully done. Great bit of song writing there endmusik. Mix sounds smooth on my pc..again nice job. Nothing over-done in my opinion. If I were you I'd be damn proud of this one...... :)

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

hey!

thanks man - glad you enjoyed! It was alot shorter at one point this evening, then my roomate said "you know, you really should just let it ease in a bit more... there's all this stuff going on. Imagine you're walking through the park. Do you want to do a 3 minute power walk, or a nice leisurely 6 minute walk :D" :hihi:

damn guy is always freaking right.

btw- violin bows on guitars are AWESOME :D

endmusik wrote:here but not
Ahhh I was wondering where you were

getting, but listening later

Some staccato thoughts after being pleasantly mellowed on a harried day:

I look forward to hearing your music!
I really like the guitar-sound @ 1:19.
Are those hats and a snare or 2 diff. snares for the percussion riff?
@ 48-49 seconds, the epiano and the other voice hit in such a way on my headphones that doesn't sound quite right. Probably my 'phones but, there it is.
The transition from e-piano to piano around ~2:00 is a great touch: sounds very peter gabriel-ish but in a better endmusik way. :)

Conclusions :)
Im'a keep it! :D
just a lovely piece, thanks.
..what goes around comes around..

some great stuff here.Great kick sound and rhythm,lots of parts with smooth transitions,and an epis quality at times.Thanks.

That's probably the best track I've downloaded from KvR.

hey michael, this is great! make a whole album of stuff like this.
:love:

Had another listen to it this a.m. and it is indeed a little "Gabriel-ish".
You know if you throw in some gravely vocals and sing about hidden places and secret journey’s, I think you'll have yourself a radio favorite there! :shock: :)
again...good job.

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

thanks guys :D I welcome the peter gabriel comparisons!

The album has been in progress for over 2 years, and everything has been slowly coming together. There are about 20 demos for this, some of which I've shared here, but they float somewhere between this song and more driven guitar/piano compositions. I hope to get the whole thing done in the next few months!

As for vocals - I'm sticking to instrumentals for this project, as I don't feel competant to do the delivery consistantly that I'd want and I've also become a bit attached to my little instrumental spheres :D There is one track that will have a vocal edit as a bonus track for the album - "murmur" which was written last summer. It'll be the first vocal track released under the etherine name, and only the second ever since the original project was formed with our beloved Remco lending his accapella for a track on the 24 days original session :D

Thanks again muchly for all the wonderful comments!

BTW - there's no piano change in the song, it's all the same sound, the electric piano sim in Logic. But there's some doubling with an Evolver patch in the latter parts so it does change the timbre overall.

The drums are fairly straightforward too - there's two kicks layered and one snare, and some brush kit hihats snipped out of a loop and rearranged in phatmatic.

/michael

long time no see
but a welcome return,a little poppy for my tastes but production wise this is rockin!
tidy piece of mixin 8)

Very, very nice track.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

bump for a great track

Very nice production. I'd say it's a little too repetitious for me but otherwise nice job.

:)

Great track, endmusik!

I had to kick the bass down a tad, but I'm sure it's just my system.

Good transitions...good everything! A keeper for me :D

Return to “Music Cafe”