[collab] Barnadine/Respirator gives you: City Swing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From Australia and Denmark we give you this short pop(?) song. It's the result of a collaboration between Barnadine and myself.

I had an idea for the lyrics. Barnadine transformed that into a beautiful melody and did the vocal track. I added the musical backdrop.

City Swing

Please comment!

man! how beautiful is this!

i was just working on a track and feeling good about myself - then i hear this and realize i've been trampling my music into the ground.

this is so open and fragile, perfect poise and restraint. it flows over and around you, but mostly through you - what an achievement - fait accompli.

perfect, thank you both :) :hail:

a gorgeous gem of a tune.
wonderful scenes painted with the lyrics
and the music fits perfectly in it's simplicity.
very nice collaboration.

This is lovely!

:love:

Very nice work, love the delicate, detached vocal and the instrumentation sits well against it. Not sure about the flugel horn-y part, but hey, who am I to say?

More Denmalian duets in the works?
Image Image

This has a very authentic late sixties british art rock vibe in it.

Like, say, 'Lizard' era King Crimson.

Well done, gentlemen.

Nicely done lads....it never ceases to amaze me, the creativity and talent here at KVR. :)

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Wow, this was quite lovely. Surprised me a bit. A nice blend of that twee Melanie-styled 60s pop and coffee-house folk. Really like it. A whole album of this kind of stuff would be welcomed.

seconded steve a whole album and a tour
they could be monsters!!!(in the chart sense not ugly big green things)
seriously tho this works far better than i personally expected with the artists concerned :o
as you both know i like your work,my point was i wasnt sure how well the seperate worlds would gel but this has worked amazingly well 8)

ENCORE!

Aha! I think I know this song.

Thanks for listening, all. Glad you like it. Thomas did the hard work here. A very rich, subtle arrangement.
shamann wrote:Surprised me a bit.
I don't think it's what either of us expected to come up with either. For some reason this brought out our gentler sides. :help:
polyslax wrote:More Denmalian duets in the works?
Yeah, hopefully. Our next one might be a bit stranger though. 8)

Beautiful piece! I really like the arrangement and the delicate mood :cool:
5 twelve

Awesome!

Wow. This is really good. :) (love the horn accents)
..what goes around comes around..

Just had a chance to listen to this. Lovely laid-back and beautiful track. My only minor suggestion for improvement would be to look at the panning of the acoustic guitar - perhaps doubling it right and left would have given it a slightly fuller sound - as it is, it is a little awkwardly positioned (at least through headphones).

Thanks for sharing this with us - it is indeed delicately wonderful.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Thanks a lot to everyone for listening. And thanks for your very nice comments! The result is a bit suprising to us - as Barnadine mentioned. But thats the way of music I guess. We'll do some more stuff and that'll probably be different.

Return to “Music Cafe”