Low-key ambient (slow, minimal)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I finished my submission for Organbient's long form compilation a few weeks ago, I've been having trouble getting started on other projects, so I decided to try something fairly simple and low-key and came up with this last night.

SIGHUP - drift

mp3 192kbps
time: 7:31
filesize: 10.3MB

Most of this is a live take of me playing keys and delay feedback. Some post-processing and editing. It might actually be too short, but I cut out some of the suckier bits I did after this part. More consonant than a lot of my recent stuff. Fairly low-end rumbly but not mastered too loud for that reason. The bass generally made to be felt in your skin.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
Steve

couple of parts where my speakers werent happy with the distortion,bit digital maybe(well i know its digital cos its a plug in but you know what i mean?)perhaps just too crisp for personal tastes,but like i said only in parts.other parts it is like you say there under the skin
good to see you posting again and i look forward to the longplay,looks like some really good artists involved :)

Cheers, John.

Which distortion, high end stuff or low? Very little distortion on the low part, it's just really low. I maybe should have been a bit more aggressive with the EQ. I usually go out of my way to hear stuff on several systems just to make sure nothing sounds poopy, which I forewent this time.

some of the high end stuff,just a little crisp on the ears is all.
the bass end is cool 8)

vurt wrote:some of the high end stuff,just a little crisp on the ears is all.
Hmm, harsh high end is generally how I like it. Can't give up all my noiseguy tendencies. :)

I can see what you mean, though. I just tried some extra EQ'ing, but so far not in love with the result.

played this somewhat loud ...
giant ants have surrounded my house ...

bass is the place ... 8)

All hail the giant ants...they shall inherit the earth.

Must remember Saturdays are a good day to post. On Stillstream as I type:

http://www.stillstream.com/listen.php

Just heard it pass by on Stillstream 8)

getting it dl'ed to the personal archives

This is lovely. Satisfying bass resonances. Gut music. 8)

(Shamann, I think I once noticed a 'how to' thread by you in one of these forums, but didn't have the opportunity to read it at the time. Do you remember the title so I can run a search? I keep meaning to explore this territory further. Apologies for threadjack.)

Thanks guys, glad to hear you liked it.

Re: the how-to.

Sure, the thread was SIGHUP's drones for beginners.

Ah yes. Cheers.

I hope it proves helpful.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah. 8)

Old school. Like Luening through a distortion box.

Thanks, man.

Hmm, maybe I should start a series of (insert 50s electronic music guy here) through a distortion box. That might be fun.

Return to “Music Cafe”