I'm lost on this, feedback welcome :b

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hay all... Just been working on this piece in Cubase.. Its all Midi, no loops of n e kind, but yeah I'm a bit lost on where to take it, vocals maybe, other instruments maybe... Dunno, so yeah, it needs more variation with detail I guess, and the start is a bit slow... So yeah.. Tell me what yah all think, oh and what does it remeind you of, because I don't know for the FCKN like of me...

L8r Alz....

Stream
http://www.realmusic.co.nz//play.php?ba ... =song_hifi

Download
http://www.realmusic.co.nz//download.ph ... =song_hifi
Last edited by System ERA on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh the song used the following!

Moog Modular
ImpOscar
Kontakt for Orchestral, Bass, Drums & Piano..
Waves IR1 for Reverb
VintageWarmer for compression on almost everything :)

yeah..

Hey, great tune. I dont think you have "add" any more instruments but a nice solo (piano maybe) in there would do wonders I think...I know there is one in there at about 1:35 but it seems a little distant and somewhat reserved IMHO. The drum and bass parts are excellent. You probably just need to step away from it for a few days. In all honesty you are not too far off finishing it.....very cool... 8)
Can't really say it reminds me of anything in particular...good mix of jazz sounds with a contemporary kinda 70's string thing going there. (Maybe you have yourself the theme for the new James Bond movie :wink: ) I'm sure someone will have a better feel for what it sounds like than me. It's late..... :zzz:
Thanks for sharing..... :)
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Hay thanx, haha my sister said like the same thing ah hehhe... Hay thanx for that, you are right, the piano does sound too distant, and yeah Im having so much trouble with my midi with latency due to the fckn large nature of the instruments. Um yeah I might just do that, sit back.....Relax, can't do that so much right now as I'm trying to quit smoking, my music is the only sanity I have right now hah..

I really like this. Not too sure about the panned drums and bass though. Nice oldfashioned effect, but perhaps it's just that - oldfashioned. I really don't know.
The groove and feel is really great.
Wouldn't happen to know where to take it.

Just out of interest: Which bass is that? One of those coming with Kontakt? Asking because I've been wondering about the slides...

Oh, and couldn't you supply a downloadable version too?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

I like this a lot. Interesting choice of sounds, like the structure of the song as well. I know mix advice from a headphone listen is a bit dodgy, but, to me it sounds like it might benefit from a little eq and some level changes. I might take the d 'n' b down a bit, bring the strings up a bit and maybe eq a little separation and add some high end sheen. Could be that VW has muddied up your mix a bit?

Nicely done!
Image Image

Good advise... I have only been using a set of crappy headphones at the mo, just got my comp on the floor of my sisters at the mo, kiunda squatting in her lounge til I get a flat so I havn't had time to set up my gears sadly... Just sorted my first VST farm, got this lap top doing sum of the reverbs and drums.. Altogether 2 gigs of ram and 3ghz of processor and its still freezing hehe... Yeah the bass is called Larry Slayer Upright bass...

I definately have to mix this one a bit more, its still very much in midi writing stage... havn't touhced eq till i get my monitors up and running.. Hay thanx for the compliment, I achieved what I was setting out for which is cool, still debating vocals...

I'll put a 196k version on the net l8r for yah catz..

Hay if you click on the banner you will go to my site, the downloaded version should be there about now or so...

Hay Um just updated the song, has some Lyrics now, if you catz wanna listen, still not finished, bout 75% der, thanx for the feedback from here and audioshots, it helped alot with direction...

bass and drums are great! i like the voice...nice and raspy: perfect for this kind of song. IMHO, the break at like 3:22 that goes until 3:53 is a little strange. but yes, impressive overall.

THasnx.. Hay out of curiousity, what does IHMO mean. everyone has been saying it to me and I have no idea!

I feel kinda od as I should know as being a Sysop for so many years I was doeing that txt style writing years before all the boppas cought on haha :)

In My Humble Opion
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

Upright bass? Kontakt? Simply Mavvvalous daaling. Catchy, melodic, edgie, original.That upright sounds live. Not sampled but some sets are really good. BTW I liked it could ya tell. Impecable feel for time a space on this. That does set it apart. Don't get me wrong in the pocket tunes are posted often.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

Thanx... Man just looking at your creds... You got some nice gear there... Very cool...
Don't get me wrong in the pocket tunes are posted often.
Datz a good thing right? Yeah, Kontakt using Larry Slayer Upright Bass Library... Um all instruments are Midi.. made use of impulse reverbs for space and have even added aelements of spill between instruments to creante a more orphentic illusion of live ambiance...

Hay your varasity has made my day :)

I so spelt that wrong :)

Great track, man! The bass part is just amazing. Except for the piano solo starting at 1:33 which needs more confidence and should not be kept in the background, this track is perfect! Also production-wise - have you touched the eqs yet? ;) If not, I think you should write a tutorial about creating good mixes as I don't think I'm getting mixes sounding that good even when I touch the eqs :hihi: And writing tutorials can keep you from smoking as well ;) I'm off to check out your other tracks!
the the impotence of proofreading

Return to “Music Cafe”