I'm lost on this, feedback welcome :b

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DLing now, might not have a chance to reply tonight tho'...late as hell here.

Oy, Mr. System ERA!

Had a few listenes to "Backwards Thinking" along with others on your site. This is some great stuff! The content kept me interested. Nice textures and mood.
I think the song contents are really good, but there's a few things about the mix (all songs in general)

They're coming across a bit shrill (high-endy) on my system. Treble heavy.

Here's a whole song frequency graph from "Backwards" as seen by HarBal.
(I know, it's a controversial plug, but IMHO it's a wonderful tool when used sparingly)
Anyway, here's what it sees:

It's the boost between 4K and 10K that's "shrilling" it out a bit, perhaps just due to your monitoring environment?

The other thing I noticed is that the individual instruments / vocals seemed to be competing for space. To me, there's not enough seperation of the elements on each track. Everything seems to "mush" together a bit, kind of a "wash"...possibly from the use of a global reverb?

I'm just guessing :oops:

I wouldn't normaly spend this much time on a review, but I think you've got some good stuff happening here. A little seperation and EQ tweaks in the mix and this would be exellent!

As a disclaimer, my ears and system will always be in question as well!

Great job! :)

Another great tune, love the bass you used.

Cool site too.

That synth sounds like the same one used in "forget"...therman?

Wow.. Thatz feedback if I've ever seen it before... I went away, did the dishes had a coffee and bamm heres al these comments...
It's the boost between 4K and 10K that's "shrilling" it out a bit, perhaps just due to your monitoring environment?
Excellent observation.. My monitoring enviroment hehehe, its called a pair of shitty headphones on my sisters sittingroom floor hehe....

Mr.me - yeah you got a good ear there, yip same bass guitar... Larry Slayers Upright Bass... few years old but still an excellent library...

Hay once again, thanx all, I'm most definately gonna have to give some reviews me self... Off to record a gig of 5 mc's now... heheh... Thursday night, I shell come back shit faced I imagine :)

I'm a midi man my self. I love the real thing but midi is cheeper that all those instruments crowding my space. Price an upright bass lately? But I've started doing video and slowed down on the music making. Your gift on this tune was for me that poly rhythmic feel you got going between that bass and the other instruments. Add a good vocal with some drums and it came off as a sweet mix to my ears. And to impress Sascha IS NO EASY TASK. When Sascha SINGS YOUR PRAISES you know your on to something.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

thanx, I'v just got home from recording a gig and I'm somewhat depressed, its 3 in the morning and I've had what should of been a good weekend but my work has just screwed the what was a good thing with a lady friend of mine.. The gig went well, mad nite, meet some cool catz... but im a bit slutted, I should of got the chick... So thanx, your words helpin me through somewhat of a dark time...

Im a muso, I've came to the conclusion I don't deal with social politics so well after all...

Return to “Music Cafe”