Draconus Benedictine -- Dedicated to Benedict

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Draconus Benedictine

Last month Benedict ran a contest at the auditorium for compositions using nothing but his own synths and FX. My track was lucky enough to have been selected as his winner, for which I'm very grateful :D

The link above is to what I'm calling the Director's Cut of this song. It was not the version I entered in the contest, because it uses some compression, EQ and reverb which were disallowed . . . but I like this mix the best. :wink:

Hopefully you'll check it out over at the auditorium. You'll need to be logged in to download it. While you're over there, check out the rest of the entries in this competition

Thanks for the wonderful synths & FX Benedict!

As always, thanks go out to the great powers of the auditorium!

very good 8) :) i like the intensity of the parts woven together this way, it creates a pleasing, 'melting' sense of drama and involvement, for want of a better word. i must visit the auditorium more, just not enough hours in the day.

excellent piece, i haven't heard the other tracks in the competition, but it's easy to see how this won. kudos also to benedict for his synths 8)

added to my emdot folder.

regards

knockman wrote:very good 8) :) i like the intensity of the parts woven together this way, it creates a pleasing, 'melting' sense of drama and involvement, for want of a better word. i must visit the auditorium more, just not enough hours in the day.

excellent piece, i haven't heard the other tracks in the competition, but it's easy to see how this won. kudos also to benedict for his synths 8)

added to my emdot folder.
:hyper:
I've got a folder!
I've got a folder!
:hyper:
:hihi:
Thanks. After doing this song it's hard for me to hear how many instrument tracks there are (18 total I think). Several are really layered, playing the same part, others contribute subtle parts.

I hope you take the time to download my competition version, I'm interested to see how people compare the two. I find the version linked to here to be a much more solid piece of work. The official one for the competition just seems kind of limp to me. :shrug:

But, yeah, there are some other interesting works in the competition.

Return to “Music Cafe”