New Polyslax Track - Genreless, Of Course!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yup, that's right, I'm taking a stand against genres and throwing this track out there in all its nakedness, without the benefit of a label to hide behind! Seems I always chose the wrong one anyhow. :?

Not a big departure from most of my other recent stuff, so if you're familiar with it you'll recognize the recipe. Start slow and stir in some beats, add a pinch of this 'n' that. It's all electronic, to be sure.

Please have a listen. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Direct Link:

The Second Time

7.83 MB
128 bit .mp3
Last edited by polyslax on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Anyone willing to provide some feedback?
Image Image

*Pretty Please*
Image Image

Heh, I like it!

Nice and ambient, the rare case where improvisation doesn't cause headaches, went straight into my iTunes lib!

Some stuff I'd do different: I'd take away the reverb from the snare when the rhythm starts. Or use a hall with strong treble absorbtion. Nothing serious though ;)

And, it somehow reminds me to Vangelis' The City, in a positive way. That said - without any relation - your piece begs for little breaks with ambient recordings, i.e. voices, crowds, some kind of intruding noises, unless this makes it too soundtrackish...

Just what I think after first listen. Will listen again later!

Cheers,

;) Urs

Hi polyslax,

that's cool! Interesting sounds you've got there. What are you using? What's that reverb on the drums? Sounds really good.
I like all the small bits here and there, really nice. :)

Best wishes, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

Listening now. This is really beautiful. This is the kind of ambient i love, fragile sounds colliding to form unexpected melodies. Those drums when they come in really took me by surprise and it's taking me time to get use to them, but i'm fully locked in the groove now. Nice bubbly synths.
Must admit i'd have prefered it to have stayed similar to the first three minutes or so, but i still really enjoyed it overall. 8)

Thanks very much for the feedback guys!

Urs, good call, I hear some high freq buildup now that you mention it. And the Vangelis reference... Wow! I'm honoured. Anyhow, cool to think my track may be in the background while Zebra 2 is being coded!

fritzman, thank you! Good to hear from a fellow guitar player. :D Drums are by Stylus RMX and I've used the RMX delay and pro verb fx on some of them. Other stuff used:

Steam Pipe2
String Studio
Minimonsta
FabFilter One
Ultra Analog
Garritan Personal Orchestra
Filterscape
Camelspace
Volcano

I like to do a lot of layering of different sounds and pitch shifting audio in Live to take sounds outside their normal range.

blipp, thanks! Yeah I guess I took 2 different types of track and tried to weld them together... can't help it, I think it's just my personality. Glad you still enjoyed it, and thanks for the feedback.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”