Boards of canada new album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ive been a huge fan of Boards of canada ever since i bought 'music has a right to children' way back when it was first released.

Geogaddi i found to be rather a "forgetful" album , they should of put Amo bishop roden , Kid for today and a beautiful place in the country on that album then it would of been a classic.

For the last few days ive been listening to a promo of the 'The campfire headphase' album and to be very honest i think its a very poor album with alot of weak tracks on it and if it was made by an unknown artist then it just wouldn't sell at all.
My favorite track on the album is "Dayvan Cowboy" but even that is just ordinary and it annoys me how the heavy reverb just stops when the guitar first comes in , they should of left the tail as just sounds amateur as it is.

I ain't here to knock BOC as im a huge fan , just a deflated fan at the moment.

after discovering other (idm, ambient, etc) artists, i stopped listening to boc because i find their music kind of 'weak' compared to their contemporaries.

i find geogaddi such an aweful album. i really dont understand why they would include voice tracks reciting "12345.." and "i love you" in their songs. :roll:

have you ever heard of plaid's 'spokes' album? if not, you should get it. the freaking thing sounds so bright. not to mention kick butt drum programming 8)
be part of the solution, not the problem

Interesting. I've always much preferred Geogaddi to MHTRTC, but I think I'm in the minority. For me, Geogaddi was far more concentrated and inspired. Didn't even mind the "I love you"s, just added a creepy level to it all. :hihi:

I don't find BOC as innovative or stimulating as, say, autechre, but what they do, they do very well. Looking forward to hearing the new one. Hope it isn't as bad as you say. :scared:

(Yeah, Plaid's very nice too. 8))

Yeah didn't like the new one thought it was very much music for adverts.

I collected blackdog stuff since the 'virtual EP' back in 1990 so yes i have got all the plaid albums.... :D

Johnny Cherry wrote:Yeah didn't like the new one thought it was very much music for adverts.
They don't tour much do they? I suppose they were perhaps thinking of other ways to earn money from this album apart from sales. :shrug: Only listened to it once mind, I can't really comment

I'm looking forward to not liking the new album...

I bought MHTRTC after reading about it everywhere and on first listen, apart from a couple of tracks, I just thought "What is this shit?". But there was enough there for me to keep going back to it, and eventually I grew to love it.

When I bought Geogaddi I thought it was a poor remake of MHTRTC. But again I kept going back to it, and now I think it's the superior album.

So I fully expect to hate the new one, and then grow to love it. Sometimes their music takes a bit of effort, but it's worthwhile in the end.

I definitely like the new one more than Geogaddi

Barnadine wrote:Interesting. I've always much preferred Geogaddi to MHTRTC, but I think I'm in the minority. For me, Geogaddi was far more concentrated and inspired. )
I'm with you on that, I know the feeling!
A member of the imaginary Phil Elverum appreciation association.

digitalmessiah wrote:after discovering other (idm, ambient, etc) artists, i stopped listening to boc because i find their music kind of 'weak' compared to their contemporaries.

i find geogaddi such an aweful album. i really dont understand why they would include voice tracks reciting "12345.." and "i love you" in their songs. :roll:
I don't like Geogaddi as much as MHTRTC, although it has some excellent moments. But they really are fantastic - other IDM artists may go in for more intricate or sharper sounding beats, more complex song structures or more far out noises, but noone can compare to them for creating a head-tripping otherworldly atmosphere where different logic applies and where you can get lost for days.

Yeah, and that's why they have vocal tracks (and subliminal voices) saying random stuff rather than anything particularly meaningful - it's not meant to make sense. Live with it. Love it.

anyone who samples Leslie Nielsen is cool with me...

Return to “Music Cafe”