MoodX - analog soundtrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

This is a moody tune I made while checking out the Xhip synth. Dunno what style that is. Anybody can tell me?

MoodX.mp3

It's made with Xhip, Electri-Q, Bionic Delay, Xhip reverb and TLs maximizer.

Enjoy!

Best wishes, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

very nice track...ehm, I'd say that it is ambient/chillout?
Xhip really seems to be a powerful synth, I'd better check it out...

very nice fritzman, very nice.

Thanx for your replies.

Aha, ambient/chillout. I gotta check out more of the "official" stuff then to see where my other tunes fit into this genre.

Best wishes, FRitz

This sounds excellent. I like the strings at the end, and the bass through the song is good.

Did you make your own patches, or use the presets? I don't recognise some of them.

robenestobenz wrote:This sounds excellent. I like the strings at the end, and the bass through the song is good.

Did you make your own patches, or use the presets? I don't recognise some of them.
Thanx robenestobenz,

the first Pad sound is nearly original. The basis for the strings at the end is the orchestra patch. The other sounds are my own patches. I plan to release a bank of my sounds for Xhip. Dunno when but I have lots of fun right now with this excellent synth and I save often while doing stuff so ... :wink:

Best wishes, FRitz

Anyone else who wants to have a listen and give a comment?

will do later,i have a beast of a migraine now so im off to lie down in a dark corner,but heres a free bump till then ;)

:D Get well soon!

nice piece of melodic electronica. You've used a good combination of sounds. Where it finishes i think it would be great to bring in some percussion and expand on it. Good work. :)

Thanx blipp,

glad you like it. Thanx for the suggestion. :)

All the best, FRitz

told you id be back 8)
ooh that xhip sounds interesting...

onto the track tho,yeah very nice piece of chillout stuff really
perhaps a little upbeat and happy for my personal tastes but nonetheless a cool piece of noodling,i love it when new synths inspire you and pull you in :hyper:

Hi vurt,
vurt wrote:told you id be back 8)
Yeah, I was gone for a few days over the weekend. :)
vurt wrote:ooh that xhip sounds interesting...

onto the track tho,yeah very nice piece of chillout stuff really
perhaps a little upbeat and happy for my personal tastes but nonetheless a cool piece of noodling,i love it when new synths inspire you and pull you in :hyper:
Thanx for the comments on the track. About Xhip: I think that Xhip has lotsa potential and it does sound really good. Few VAs with such a quality sound.

Best wishes, FRitz

fritzman wrote: It's made with Xhip, Electri-Q, Bionic Delay, Xhip reverb and TLs maximizer.
I wanted it to continue. Although, I believe your chord changes in the early part could have a less harsh voicing. Maybe you were going for harsh, though, just a style. Very nice. You managed to use only tools which I haven't heard of :-)

james0tucson wrote:
fritzman wrote: It's made with Xhip, Electri-Q, Bionic Delay, Xhip reverb and TLs maximizer.
I wanted it to continue. Although, I believe your chord changes in the early part could have a less harsh voicing. Maybe you were going for harsh, though, just a style. Very nice. You managed to use only tools which I haven't heard of :-)
Thanx James,

that's a cool compliment! :) I didn't think of it to continue, but maybe ... :)
Yes, I used the voicings intentionally as I wanted that upper voice line. I often use chord voicings for such voice movements like inner melodies or inner tension and such. I seldom make them as soft as they could be when having minimal moves and such.
The tools I used:
Xhip is a great analog synth. :love: Just try it. Don't be blinded by the (in my ears mostly not so good) presets. This synth can go way beyond! To show this was one of the intents of this piece of music.
Electri-Q is simply the best EQ I've used inside my pc. :D
Bionic delay is the delay I use most even though it lacks some things I would like to have. Funny is that I didn't find a delay yet that does everything I want in an easy to use way and that does look good. Maybe I'll make one some day ... :wink:
Xhip reverb is cool for some stuff though it's not the best out there.
TLs Maximizer is nearly always in my post fader master insert. It simply rocks.

Best wishes, FRitz

Return to “Music Cafe”