New melodic electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
This is my latest track Called "Autumn" and it's a light, melodic IDM track.

It's at the top of my soundclick page. All comments welcome. Hope you enjoy it. 8)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=256008

Very nice and chilled track. For IDM I think the drums should have much more variation. Squeeze some 64th/128th in there for the fun of it. It would definitely breathe more life to the track.
I like the overall ambience; the piano and fx gel very well.
I'm not that big on IDM so feel free to ignore what I said. :lol:

Hey, really nice work blipp!! Everything weaves together nicely, and nothing says Autumn like some reverby piano - my favourite season, btw. Soothing and hypnotic, going in for a second listen. Yeah, great stuff, painting pictures in my mind... what's your bass?

Am I hearing Nitro in there as an effect?

I'll definitely check out your other stuff!
Image Image

Oooh, well I don't really know what IDM is but I know and love my melodic stuff and this ranks quite high so far. Some very sweet moments around 1:30 and when the individual tracks start to play against each other and the mix builds up at the half way mark.
The new melody at 3:10~ takes the tune somewhere new without a dramatic change which is welcome. The low key latter half serves as a nice come down.

This is a well done track, simple melodies, simple mixing, simple instruments all combine for a very effective chill piece.

I do have to say I didn't get the 'autumn' feel as much as I would have liked, I didn't feel any of the warmer reds, brown and green colours coming through that you need to emulate via the tibres and musical textures, it is the hardest trick in the book anyhow, that said I enjoyed this work a lot. Keep it up.

Many thanks peeps for checking it out and for the kind words, really appreciated. :)

@polyslax: The DAW i use for making my tracks is cakewalk project 5 and most of the effects were the project 5 ones.

Lovely tune blipp, it is currently doing heavy rotation here.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

just had a listen, and I must say, as everyone else, this is a fine chilled tune :love:

great work!

Meloday

Just have to add another comment. I have DLed some of the other stuff from your page, and the stuff just clicks with me. Brilliant, blissful stuff, perfect for the moods I am having at the moment.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

HelgeG and Meloday. Thanks. :D Glad you're digging my stuff. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”