Please comment my first "Production"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well the playing is really nice - sometimes
LOL, I agree multree. I lost grip of the guitar ( it was 5 in the morning after a sleepless night ) at 0:23 for a couple of seconds there and I was struggling to continue playing while recording. Thanks for the "really nice" part though :)

What do you think of the Mix levels and Mastering quality? does it sound OK?
Last edited by A3ntar on Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Btw, the original song I like too. I don't usually focus on vocals when I listen to good guitar tracks, I usually focus on the guitar tone, nuances and playing. I even forgot how Rob sounds like :)

A3ntar wrote:LOL, Poucky, As i explained in the first post. This is a two tracks project. Everything except the guitar I got it off some "play along CD". LOL. And you are right, I am a guitarist. I have no band, at least, not yet :)
Oh, I didn't read your post right. But I guess any comments on the mix won't mean that much.

I like your playing, but from what I hear, you can do quite a lot better that you did.

Thanks Poucky for these kind words.

Here is some additional details:
-The guitar is a Godin SDXT with default hardware ( I am saving money for a more "serious" Guitar )
-The Host used is Cubase LE
-The mastering effects are : mda Image and TLs Maximizer
-The AmpSim on the guitar track is: ???? :)

Good guitar sound.
You are asking about the mix?
What mix?
As you said, besides the guitar everything was already premixed.
The Godin SDXT is a nice guitar.

LOL, I mean the Mix of the background track and the guitar :)
Isn't that called a mix too?

This is my first time ever doing this...Baby steps... :)

yeah it sounds good

OK so what is the Amp Sim?

The guitar is too loud, it could be a lot quieter and still be the focal point of the mix. Also, aside from timing issues/mistakes, your out of tune with the backing tracks, and if it was me I'd splash some ambient reverb on the guitar. The performance sounds pretty static, I think CS has a lot more hammer ons, pull offs, bends, tremolo and so forth. But for only playing it a couple times through, it sounds pretty decent.

The guitar tone is pretty solid, though, I wouldn't have known it was an amp sim.

Well, sorry for keeping you guys in a suspens state...LOL.

The Ampsim is......... :band2:........... No amp sim!!

Just kidding!

It is GuitarRig. I plugged my Godin SDXT into a borrowed PodXTLive ( as a DI ) and I recorded PodXT's dry signal. I then tried different amp sims, and GuitarRig seemed to work the best for my purpose.

Thanks for everyone's positive criticsm. As I said, this is my first production ever. And every bit of advice is going to help me in the long run.

Thanks everyone.

Return to “Music Cafe”