[Ambient/Celtic Fusion] The Dance of the Compost Fairies

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My music is definitely getting weirder.

6.25MB 128kbps MP3

Dance of the Compost Fairies

Nice - very apt for a sunday.
I can hear those little people mulching while I listen!

Thanks for this.

:wink:

Yeh i agree, just right for a sunday morning and i'm feeling a bit fragile. :)I especially liked the sound that came in around the 3:50 mark. Sounded a little like bagpipes. Nice. 8)

Needs a time to keep going. I like it! :) In the beginning I thought it was a bit too static rhythmically, but the flies do it more tonally after 3 minutes or so. Really more interesting ambient one than the usual crowd. :D
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Oh arrrr me dearios!

Thank you all.

I kinda like this. It has some nice ideas in there. There is a sound in the percussion which sounds a bit like it clips. Personally I find it a bit distracting. Disturbing would probably be a better word. It keeps the song from floating off which it desperately seems to want. What I mean is that because the percussion is so static and the rest of the sounds are so dreamy it keeps me to the ground instead of flowing off in to the dense, ever green forest. Where I could otherwise float on and with the delayed & reverbed melodies like the seeds of a dandelion caught in the wind.

There are some pretty melodies in this song. I just whished the percussion would be a little bit more liberating instead of confining. I think you can keep the basic rhythm of the percussion the same but I do think that it needs a bit more freedom (= variation in what it plays). Though, perhaps it’s not so much the percussion or the rhythm that keeps me to the ground maybe it’s the sounds. Maybe the percussion sounds need to be less intrusive sounds / be more in the background. Just a thought.

Some of the melodies & sounds remind a bit of Tim Hecker on the “haunt me” album only yours are a lot more playful and less sad. And of course these are packed in music rather than ambient noise. But please do take the Hecker reference as a compliment, I’m a huge fan of his work.

Anyway, I like this song. Thank you very much for sharing. I’ve enjoyed listening to this track and will now play it for the 4th time in a row. Please keep up the good work.

ps. Is there any significance in the spelling of fairies?
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

This is really beautiful. I can't really think of anything to change that wouldn't also change the style... Production is good and I like the melodies and pads...

Himself, for the Katrina website.

Return to “Music Cafe”