KvR preview of my (unfinished?) new song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while since I had the chance to do some music... but here's a new track. I feel uncertain about it (I have a much better one coming up :)), and it's prolly not even really finished yet - time will tell, or maybe you guys will?

Here's a KvR sneak preview ;)

http://www.soniclove.net/BrainBoot-Mast ... 256kbs.mp3
(6,95 MB - 3:47 - 256kbps)

Any criticism/suggestions very, very welcome. Please be frank. I appreciate it when people speak their minds and I know I have lots to learn.

- Cubase SX2
Used synths:
- Korg Legacy1 Cell
- NI Kontakt (bass guitar)
- GMediaAudio Imposcar
- FXpansion DR008 (DR008 drum synths and some Doru Malaia Supercussion drum hits)
FX:
- Elevayta SpaceBoy
- CamelAudio CamelSpace
- Voxengo Boogex, VMod, Soniformer, PristineSpace Lite, Elephant, Crunchessor, Voxformer
- GRM Shuffling
- PSP Nitro
- OhmForce Hematohm
hardware:
- SM57 mic
- Pentium 2.4 PC with Yamaha SW1000XG soundcard and STAudio CPort soundcard for preamped i/o

BTW, thanks again to xRAVENx for the elementary mastering tips you shared in the "mastering: after mixdown?" thread, they really helped!
Last edited by cptgone on Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Bump?

Very interesting overall sound you've achieved which i quite liked. The panning effects and sounds you've used are really effective. I'm not sure about the voice though, but it's probably too early to tell with it being unfinished as yet. Look forward to the finished version. 8)

blipp wrote:Very interesting overall sound you've achieved which i quite liked. The panning effects and sounds you've used are really effective. I'm not sure about the voice though, but it's probably too early to tell with it being unfinished as yet. Look forward to the finished version. 8)
thanks for listening & commenting, blipp! :)

about the vox, are you saying:
a) get a real singer!
b) do the vox over
c) ?

about the vox, are you saying:
a) get a real singer!
b) do the vox over
c) ?
A female singer would sound great i reckon. :)

intersting. sound. Ide rather listen to this than the radio because its different, wether or not i like it!
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Thanks blipp and LIMITAPROACHINGINFINITY 8)

This is really weird. I tried playing in winamp and Itunes, but it's like listening to a demo with a nasty silence every half minute. Quite annoying I can tell you

What I did catch between silences is something I'd love to hear in full. A great scape of darkness where the vox needs getting used to, as you don't really sound like a singer. It does give this a very 'personal' touch. Still with some slight creepy fx on the vox I do think it can be brought more into the scape.

Thanks for sharing :)

dude!!! this is awesome except for the silences. i don't mind the vocals but they're hard to hear. please finish this and post again. i want to save it on my hard drive.

about the drop outs: I'm a dunce, forgot to register my PSpace Lite :bang:

I'll upload "v0.81" tomorrow evening.

Mucho thanks mystahr (I'll try some FX on the vox then :)) and tuz 8)

Heh. Uploaded a new mixdown, no demo silences :oops: this time. Same link:
http://www.soniclove.net/BrainBoot-Mast ... 256kbs.mp3
(6,95 MB - 3:47 - 256kbps)

tuz wrote:dude!!! this is awesome except for the silences. i don't mind the vocals but they're hard to hear. please finish this and post again.
Done:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17#1635917

Return to “Music Cafe”